The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree2227Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Two workhorses strapped to a pair of Scott S3s series rods.

WOW!

Since returning home I've been doing some catching up on the picture threads....... What a beautiful bunch of reels you guys have been acquiring!

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-13-2013, 07:55 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Reel Love; the Fly Reel Picture Thread

So I bought a reel today, had absolutely zero need but tons of want. I would love to show you a picture of a super sleek hydrocarbon whing ding latest and greatest. Alas it was a used reel, I sold one two years ago and have kicked myself every since. I probably paid $20 to much but as they say it is worth what someone will pay.

I present to you beautifully adorning my Sage ZXL 376-4

Ross Rhythm 1.5 in Matte silver. The rhythm is so smooth and has 10x the drag I will ever need for this rod. I had a Ross Evo 0 for this rod but the arbor was to small for my liking

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:07 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
So I bought a reel today, had absolutely zero need but tons of want. I would love to show you a picture of a super sleek hydrocarbon whing ding latest and greatest. Alas it was a used reel, I sold one two years ago and have kicked myself every since. I probably paid $20 to much but as they say it is worth what someone will pay.
I end up rebuying stuff too. I did it this past year with a compound bow I sold last year. I try not to think about the extra cost I incurred, that's the quickest way to kill the joy of anything.

It's a Ross, it's American made, and it was available! Wins all the way round!
jaybo41 and comeonavs like this.

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com
Old 02-13-2013, 08:11 PM

leithel has a spectacular aura aboutleithel has a spectacular aura aboutleithel has a spectacular aura about

Love the Ross reels!

Old 02-16-2013, 12:43 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

new chinook/musky reel....

bruiser

casey

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

lammy with wind cutter 125' switch 6 wt. line

now for a rod (suggestions welcome)

casey

ARFE
Old 02-16-2013, 09:26 AM

mista_bob is on a distinguished road
Arrow Re: Reel Love; the Fly Reel Picture Thread

I wish my switch rod had a different reel seat so it matched my reel better... oh well.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:00 PM

leithel has a spectacular aura aboutleithel has a spectacular aura aboutleithel has a spectacular aura about

I'm not sure this matching of reel with reel seat with fly rod with backing with fly line is healthy

Old 02-17-2013, 10:15 AM

mista_bob is on a distinguished road
Arrow Re: Reel Love; the Fly Reel Picture Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by leithel View Post
I'm not sure this matching of reel with reel seat with fly rod with backing with fly line is healthy
But it looks awesome!
leithel likes this.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:08 PM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice

Mista- is that an alpha 1 or 2???
Old 02-19-2013, 04:56 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of
Default Reel Love; the Fly Reel Picture Thread

I figured after the Rod Love photo I put up that my reels needed some loving too...not quite the collection yet but it'll get there.