The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree2183Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 05:26 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Reel Love; the Fly Reel Picture Thread

beautiful reel (and rod) you have there!
those early ross reels were something else.
should be a pleasure to fish with

casey
Hardyreels and von behr like this.

ARFE
Old 05-16-2013, 06:46 PM

rockthief is a jewel in the roughrockthief is a jewel in the roughrockthief is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockthief View Post
Do you folks know how long it takes to read every page on this thread? I stopped counting, but I tell you I had to change my shirt three times because the front of it was getting wet. By page sixty I just tucked a towel under my chin and rallied on.

Two hours and seventeen minutes My wife asked about all the shirts in the laundry. I muttered something vague about working extra hard in the yarden.
Hardyreels and shotgunfly like this.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:50 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

Well, after much waiting and confusion the Saracione arrived. Evidently Joe is discontinuing the 2.75" and 3" Mark IV Trout reels. I was lucky enough to talk with Tom Morgan who gave Joe a call. I'd tried through another dealer but the best they could get me was an unknown date when the reel would arrive. I guess it pays to be Tom Morgan ;-).

#2083 has found it's home....

Click the image to open in full size.

And time for a couple of family portraits:

A few classic looking reels:

A few modern looking reels:

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com
Old 05-16-2013, 10:03 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

That Saracione is freaking gorgeous. You are one lucky dog.
von behr and shotgunfly like this.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:15 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

Love the Saracione. My buddy has a boat load of MK I Bellingers that look very similar.
shotgunfly likes this.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Dude................

I do like those.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-16-2013, 10:52 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

i really love this thread

ARFE
Old 05-16-2013, 11:09 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

That Saracione is one beautiful reel! Like the man said my shirt is wet!
Hardyreels and shotgunfly like this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 05-17-2013, 01:46 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I posted a while back about wanting one of them John. I don't know if I'll ever do it or not but I can want........... They have them at Mountain View Sports in Anchorage and every so often when I'm in town I get them to let me hold one and look it over. They are very finely made reels. but then I go home and when I turn on the computer my desk top looks like this;

I look at the picture and I find that I don't have it too bad, so I calm down. It's only my Cascapedia but I managed to get on board when they started them in the UK and so I must say I am happy all the way around. Someday maybe another, the Saracione, yeah, that's the ticket

He knows I like that a lot..............
kelkay, von behr, jaybo41 and 4 others like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-17-2013, 01:15 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

OK, Shotgunfly, now that you have the most gorgeous new outfit on the thread, lets get some line on that puppy ans see what she can do! Would you consider calling Kerry and asking him the line he uses in developing this rod's taper? That would be interesting to know and the ultimate starting point.
jaybo41 likes this.