The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree2264Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 01:29 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Reel Love; the Fly Reel Picture Thread

yeah, kinda regretting i didnt buy it, but im on the look out again.

ARFE
Old 07-21-2013, 07:55 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Its not as classic and as cool as the last couple pages here, but I really love this reel.

Click the image to open in full size.

I have two of them in different sizes, both black. Not only is the drag excellent on them, but I took a big spill fishing it yesterday and it was the one of the first things to hit the ground/rocks. Not even a small scuff or chip on it. Solid black and good to go. Kinda solidifies my lust for another lamson, will probably be picking up a litespeed.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 07-21-2013, 08:02 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

What reel is that? Pardon my ignorance, I am still learning.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:16 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

just got a new guru 3 for my 8 weight.
bass here and silvers in ak
found some really nice fenwick line for it.
has not even been mounted yet

love my lammys!

casey

ARFE
Old 07-21-2013, 08:50 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelkay View Post
What reel is that? Pardon my ignorance, I am still learning.
Lamson Guru 4.0 in the limited black run. Only offered them black for a year. I got two of them at the end of production this spring.

I do wish I could snag some of that sweet orange backing for it though, however I don't really want to have to respool 250 yards of 30lb haha
kelkay likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 07-22-2013, 02:30 PM

winxp_man is a jewel in the roughwinxp_man is a jewel in the roughwinxp_man is a jewel in the rough

Someone say Lamson Guru reels ?

Here is my collection 1.5,2,3,3.5,4 I have another 3.5, and 4 (not in picture) Plus a Konic 4 and Konic II 3.5. They are great reels and I have had no problems bringing in fish. From salmon down to 3-4" bass and trout.

Last edited by winxp_man; 07-22-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:28 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold
Default Original Ross R Series

A couple quick shots of some of my favorite reels. The stars aligned and I have managed to find these reels. Still missing the 3.5 if somebody has one that they want to part with.

-Chase
Old 07-22-2013, 05:45 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by winxp_man View Post
Someone say Lamson Guru reels ?

Here is my collection 1.5,2,3,3.5,4 I have another 3.5, and 4 (not in picture) Plus a Konic 4 and Konic II 3.5. They are great reels and I have had no problems bringing in fish. From salmon own to 3-4" bass and trout.

There is something to be said for fishing similar reels across the size spectrum. I do much the same thing and enjoy watching the family grow Nice reels.

Cheers,
Mike
Old 07-22-2013, 07:07 PM

winxp_man is a jewel in the roughwinxp_man is a jewel in the roughwinxp_man is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi flyfisher View Post
There is something to be said for fishing similar reels across the size spectrum. I do much the same thing and enjoy watching the family grow Nice reels.

Cheers,
Mike
Mike,

Sure does say a lot. If they work and handle fish the way you want them to why not help the family grow and thanks.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:19 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of
Default Re: Original Ross R Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by chased View Post
A couple quick shots of some of my favorite reels. The stars aligned and I have managed to find these reels. Still missing the 3.5 if somebody has one that they want to part with.

-Chase
Those Ross reels look really sharp. That's one of my favorite brands. They make a great product, and their customer service is excellent.

-VB