The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 06:33 AM

Zman3382 is on a distinguished road
Default Lamson Konic Drag Knob

Just received a lightly used Lamson Konic 1.5 in the mail I bought off ebay. When you loosen the drag all the way the drag knob seems to stick way out, and wobble to the point of seeming fragile... anyone else notice this with this reel? thanks. - Z
Old 01-07-2010, 11:51 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lamson Konic Drag Knob

Can you pop the spool off?

MP
Old 01-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Zman,

Since you would always have some level of drag on is it really a problem. I don't know, just asking.

Frank
Old 01-07-2010, 06:50 PM

dub is on a distinguished road

Zman, I have a couple of Konics and I am pretty certain that what you are describing is typical with these. I have had a Konic 2 for about a year and a half and have not had any issues with it at all. I wouldnt sweat it but if you think its abnormal call Lamson, they are great to deal with.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:50 AM

Zman3382 is on a distinguished road

Mosca: Yep. Everything works perfectly on the reel.

Frank: no its not really a problem.. I was just curious as to why they would design it that way.. were you to keep the drag fully loosened it feels as though it might break off..

dub: good to hear.. again, i was just curious as to whether or not this was normal.. ive not used the reel yet, but am lookinf forward to it.

thanks for takign the time to respond gents! - Zack
Old 01-10-2010, 12:17 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Zack,
I checked out a new Konic 1.5 at the shop today. That's normal to have the drag knob sticking out. To be reallistic, you will never use the reel with it backed out all the way. Your reel is should be in fine working order.

MP