The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2011, 05:07 PM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice
Default Galvan Rush ?

Need feedback looking for new reel galvin rush or ross cla for a 4 wt
Old 09-15-2011, 07:09 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Galvan Rush ?

Between the two reels, I am more of a fan of the Galvan Rush 4 LT than a Ross CLA 1.5. Both are quality reels, but I feel that the quality of the build is better on the Galvan. The machining is cleaner, and the wall thickness seems to be thicker. That may help in durability. Even though drag is not as important on a 4 weight reel, the Galvan has a wider range.

Both reel companies are very high on customer service. If you have to call Galvan, you will either get Boni or Carmen Galvan. If you have to call Ross, you will get someone who knows Ross very well (most likely a long term employee).

If you like spare spools, you may want to stick with Ross. Even if Ross discontinues a Ross Reels USA model (as opposed to Ross Worldwide), Ross will continue to make limited production runs of spools each year.

Dennis
Old 09-15-2011, 07:53 PM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice

thanks go info
Old 09-16-2011, 01:22 PM

imxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of light

I agree with Dennis about Galvan. Before you buy a new "RUSH", suggest you watch ebay for a used "TORQUE" , often available well discounted in
EXC condition.

imxer

Nature, Cheaper than Therapy

LIVE TODAY
Old 09-18-2011, 02:38 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Both reels are quality, so I don't think you can go wrong with either. I am not familiar with the drag in the CLA, but if it's the same as in the Evo LT, you'll be in great shape. I'm very pleased with the Evo LT that I own, but you're considering the CLA or Galvan. I agree, I'd give the nod to the Galvan.

I have yet to spool the Rush with line let alone get it out on the water but the Rush is a sweet reel with a sikly smooth drag. The drag in both the Torque and Rush is the same from what I understand. In fact, the Rush Spool will fit the Torque, the difference is in the extent of machining--from what I have read. The Rush is a MUCH better looking reel in person than any pictures you'll find on the net, they just don't do it justice. Excellent points by Mosca Re: spare spools. Galvan doesn't seem to keep them around when they change their reel lineup, but you could always purchase one ahead of time or when they hit closeout when the time comes that the new ones are released.

Don't buy it solely based on appearance though, the drag is outstanding. I don't have first hand experience with Galvan's CS, but my best bud's experience was outstanding.

Click the image to open in full size.