The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 12:35 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Does this float your boat (or would you use it to hold your line)?

Stumbled across this article today for a pretty interesting looking fly reel.

Seems like there's only a few in circulation right now, but orders are being taken and the color sure matches the belly of this brookie

Its another interesting take on the fly reel, and brings to mind the now discontinued Airlfo Balance Reel, something i wish i'd bought before the stopped making them

Thoughts???

Addicted To Vise
Old 10-14-2011, 02:31 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Does this float your boat (or would you use it to hold your line)?

These reels look like they owe a tribute to the work of Ari 't Hart of Holland:

The Trilogy, Limited Edition Reel from Ari 't Hart
Old 10-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
These reels look like they owe a tribute to the work of Ari 't Hart of Holland:

The Trilogy, Limited Edition Reel from Ari 't Hart
I agree, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw the new Tight Lines Reel.

Larry

Old 10-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't Lamson or someone come out with one for a short time that also looked kind of like this? I've seen something really close to this and I have never seen the Trilogy before. I can't remember where though. I seem to have developed a case of Irish Altzheimers. I've forgotten everything but the grudges.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:26 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Didn't Lamson or someone come out with one for a short time that also looked kind of like this? I've seen something really close to this and I have never seen the Trilogy before. I can't remember where though. I seem to have developed a case of Irish Altzheimers. I've forgotten everything but the grudges.
Besides the Ari Harts, Airflo tried it for a year or two.

Dennis
Old 10-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I am thinking Air Flo

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:54 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

I'm wondering who made that reel (& where) for Airflo...It too has Ari 't genes stamped on it.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:57 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

At first glance I though the reel foot was jointed like an adjustable parallelogram to aid in balancing the rod.
Still, an interesting looking reel. I wonder about the weight and the drag system.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Mosca and Joni got it. That's the reel I was thinking about.

I saw it in a post by Swirlchaser. He told me what it was. Popper Swap
Old 10-18-2011, 08:30 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by s fontinalis View Post

Its another interesting take on the fly reel, and brings to mind the now discontinued Airlfo Balance Reel, something i wish i'd bought before the stopped making them
The mystery was solved in the original post....seems like everyone has Irish Beer goggles....I can say that cause i'm 100% Irish and have felt their full effect on too many occasions to remember

And that trilogy sure looks mean, but definitely something for the cabinet, along with the Tightlines Reel and the Airflo

Addicted To Vise