The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 05:08 PM

trouthound13 is on a distinguished road
Default Abel Reels

Does anyone out there know of any shops that take reels on trade-in. I love and use Galvan and Waterworks reels, but have received a few Abels as gifts the last few years and do not use them. Thank You.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:32 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all
Default Re: Abel Reels

I believe you can post them on the classifieds after 20 posts.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:32 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

The Orvis shop here in Missoula takes used gear and gives store credit. Then sell the stuff you didn't want on their fleabay store and probably turns a profit there too. I bet they are not the only shop to think of this. Not sure it would be worth it if you had to pay to send the old one and then pay to ship the new one too.

There is a classified section right here on the forum. A whole lot easier than ebay and your target consumer is just waiting to pounce!
Old 10-18-2011, 05:47 PM

Thanks Dean MT, I will just start calling shops as there are none close to me and see what happens. Your probably right on the shipping.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:18 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

One of the forum sponsors, Leland Fly Fishing Outfitters, has an eBay program. I believe that George Revel is running it for them.

Dennis
Old 10-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
One of the forum sponsors, Leland Fly Fishing Outfitters, has an eBay program. I believe that George Revel is running it for them.

Dennis
+1 for what Dennis said, checkout their website: Fly Fishing Rod Gear, Reel, Rods, Reels, School Education

Larry

Larry
Old 10-18-2011, 10:23 PM

Thank you gentlemen. Manage to work something out with a shop. Tight lines to all.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:22 AM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of

If you "love" your Galvans and Waterworks you might want to part with you Ablels. Unless they are of a size not relevant to your fishing, this confuses me as Abels are icons of American fly reel craftsmanship and design. Are you sure you will not regret this in seasons to come?
Old 10-19-2011, 12:50 PM

Sweet,

Do not know how may people this has happened to, but I went to put a couple reels I received as a gift recently into a room in the basement and saw a rod tube sticking out from underneath some of the wife's clothes and purses she has in there(a lot). That led to wondering what was in the room. It has ended up as sort of a storage room over the years, and needless to say I was shocked at every thing I found. Rods, reel, tying materials, books, golf clubs.......... I will end up keeping some abel's, but am perfectly comfortably with the rod/reel set ups I have now. I regret not staying more organized, I have probably spent a lot of money purchasing items that I thought were lost or did not have over the years. I guess I will just have to blame it on the better half!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 01:22 PM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of

Good story. Keep the Abels and loose some of the old clothing.