The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 05:22 PM
hollyw00d will become famous soon enoughhollyw00d will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Awesome reel deal

I was not sure where to post a great deal, but since it has to do with reels, I reckon this is the best place? I was so excited about this find, I bought two reels....

Gorge Fly Shop is giving away free fly line, on top of free shipping, with the purchase of select reels. You can go to: Gorge Fly Shop and do a search for: free line

I picked up two Litespeed reels (new style) with two free boxes of $75 fly line. Ergo, selling my current reel.

I've already received one reel/line combo, but the other I had a hiccup with (all my doing). After the second reel had shipped, I had a change of heart and wanted to go with a larger model. Placed an order for the replacement reel, shot them an email about my snafu, and got a response within minutes stating that UPS had been notified to turn the package around. Within minutes of that email, the purchase price of the wrongfully ordered reel was refunded. I was floored by the customer service.

***Addendum***

You better know what you want when you order from them since the return window is only 7 days and return shipping is out of pocket. Many online retailers are offering 30 day return windows and include return shipping labels.

Last edited by hollyw00d; 12-01-2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Addendum
Old 11-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Awesome reel deal

hollyw00d: You're going to love the drag on those Litespeeds, just an awesome reel!

Larry

Old 12-01-2011, 12:29 PM
hollyw00d will become famous soon enoughhollyw00d will become famous soon enough

love the reels even though i haven't had the opportunity to use either yet. i wish i would have done started from a heavy wt setup and worked my way down. as it turns out, the Litespeed 3.5x balances quite nicely on all three of the TFO rods i have. the 3.0x is just a touch too light. having started with a heavier setup, i would have been able to check balance before pairing a 6wt rod with a 6wt Litespeed. live and learn, i guess.

to make the 3.0x comfortable, i wrapped a couple layers of solder on the drag housing affixed to reel's frame. it's not permanent and doesn't interfere with the reel's function. the extra weight is static, so no added rotational mass. now the 3.0x will be used on my 4wt, so not all is lost.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:43 PM

houli has a spectacular aura abouthouli has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the heads up .... that's the reel I'm getting for my TFO BVK 8 wt .... 3.5x. Had a tough time choosing ..... really want to get the Hatch 7+ Finatic but w/ extra spool and line the price got too high.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:40 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

the litespeeds are great reels! the drag is like butta
enjoy

casey

ARFE