The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 02:11 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default echo ion reels

looks like a good reel for the price. anyone handled one??

casey

ARFE
Old 12-04-2011, 03:03 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: echo ion reels

I briefly handled one in a fly shop but can't tell you much about it! Before Allen released their Trout reel, I had been looking at both Echo and Lamson, but now I've got two Allen Trout reels and the price isn't much more at full retail than the Echo. The drag on the Trout reel is very smooth and can really slow down a fish if you need it to, so if you're looking for an alternative to the Echo, that's my suggestion!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-04-2011, 09:52 AM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Our niece and nephew just gave Joni and me a 6/7 for an early Christmas present (they made us open them when we were in Idaho). Looks to be a nicely built reel. There's a little play in the spool-tiny amount of wobble. Other than that, It's going to be used with my 6w glass that's black too.
BTW, it's made in Korea- not China.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Looks very interesting. The machining looks a little excessive for Al that's not barstock grade, but Rajeff is pretty careful about putting out stuff that holds up, so we'll just have to see.

I'll say this, I see the 10/12 size being a BIG hit with the spey crowd, given the $99 price.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:17 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
Looks very interesting. The machining looks a little excessive for Al that's not barstock grade, but Rajeff is pretty careful about putting out stuff that holds up, so we'll just have to see.

I'll say this, I see the 10/12 size being a BIG hit with the spey crowd, given the $99 price.

my brother just got the 10/12 for his 14'9" 9 weight spey rod. he seems pretty stoked on the reel but we'll see
for 99 bucks it looks like a winner.

casey

ARFE