The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 08:42 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: More ALLEN

You can tell that Justin believes in great Customer Service in the way he treats his customers. Last year I ordered a pre- production rod & there was a problem with the completed ones when he received them. I was going away on my "bucket List" trip to Chile & he bent over backwards to get me a rod for the trip on loan & when I got back I sent it back to him. I don' know any other manufacturer that would handle such a situation on a personal basis like he did. Even though he was on his Honeymoon he still got me the fishing rod on time.

Neil
Old 01-30-2012, 08:13 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I just recieved my red trout 5/7 and its so aweosome!! The finish is outstanding!! the pictures he has online really dont display how shiney and brilliant the finish is on those reels. I cant wait to try it out this spring.

I also have an 1st generation Alpha 3/4. originally I had bought a trout maybe? but he was having some troubles getting them in and I was trying to get the reel before a trip, so he upgraded me to the Alpha for free and sent it my way. The reel is fantastic as weLL! Its smooth and quiet, same with the trout, and the finish is very bright. its almost too bright...almost. It is holding up well to being abused, I have knocked it pretty good on some rocks and it has some small dings on it, but nothing horrible or that effects the use. I will continue to order from them.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 01-30-2012, 09:54 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Got home late last night from a weekend at the Somerset, PA Fly Fishing Show, spent a lot of time at the Allen booth with Justin, Evan, and Jason, mostly drooling over the new two-hander series and the Limited Edition colors on the Alpha II. The guys from Allen are some great guys and it was good to meet and spend time with them. It was also really cool seeing how much interest in the company there was from people at the show, even people from other companies. Evan and Jason both spent some time teaching me some two-handed casting and such, which I know I'm going to get very addicted to. Their new Olympic series is quite incredible, I didn't really want to put it down. They also had a mean little 3wt Xa that everybody seemed to love (same one that Marco got to cast), should be a small stream machine!

As if I needed more inspiration to buy Allen products, getting to meet the guys in person and see how nice they are and how much they care about their products and their customers really shows the mark of a great company.
araitim likes this.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 01-30-2012, 12:37 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

What kinds of new colors are coming out?!?! hehehehe

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 01-30-2012, 03:47 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I'm totally wondering the same thing Gotta love the crazy colors!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 01-30-2012, 07:50 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Burnt Orange hopefully
Old 01-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to all

We will be doing one more color on the Alpha II that will be out in April
Old 01-31-2012, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
Burnt Orange hopefully
Hopefully not since I'll have to buy a new rod to put that on haha.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 01-31-2012, 08:37 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
Burnt Orange hopefully
burnt orange would look sweet on one of my fli's

ARFE
Old 02-15-2012, 07:39 PM

nocofly is on a distinguished road

Another huge Allen fan here! I bought a 5/6wt Alpha series from him last year. I think it was when he was going through his supply problems as well. I had ordered the reel along with an extra spool for my sink line, and since I had to wait a little longer, he threw in a whole other reel instead of just the spool! Again, showing what a great company and customer service that they have. I have pointed many friends his way, and will keep doing so. Keep up the great work!!1