The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Reels (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-reels/)
-   -   More ALLEN (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-reels/214481-more-allen.html)

Joni 12-07-2011 06:24 PM

More ALLEN

I just wanted to give thanks again to ALLEN flyfishing. I now have six reels. Three are older. One of the older no longer had a drag but I thought it was my fault. I didn't give it much thought as I have a couple Vosselers that are drag free.
One day I get an e-mail from Evan saying he would like to fix that drag and upgrade the other reels...out of the blue!
So, after using the reels all summer I boxed them mup and shipped them off. 7 days later, there they are on my poarch all fixed and tuned up.

I say thank you, and awesome customer service Evan.

I will be buying more!

mcnerney 12-07-2011 06:41 PM

Re: More ALLEN

Wow, that is excellent customer service!

Larry

grassonfly 12-07-2011 08:31 PM

all i hear is Allen dos business right

gatortransplant 12-07-2011 11:02 PM

I have to echo Joni's sentiments, Allen has the best customer service of any company I've ever dealt with and Evan and Justin are both great. I'm definitely locked in as an Allen customer, I just have to decide what's coming next: a 7/8 Alpha II, a 3wt and matching Trout reel, or a spey rod... decisions, decisions!

caseywise 12-07-2011 11:26 PM

yea, those guys have a good thing going there. top notch for sure!
i'm just looking forward to see what they come up with next:D:cool::D
good job guys:wavetowel:wavetowel

casey

auntrout 01-26-2012 10:46 PM

Anyone have experience with the Allen 3/4 Trout Reel. Looking for a reel for the 8'9" 4wt I just built. Used a TFO Finesse blank and the green Trout Reel I think would be a pretty sharp looking combination.

mudbug 01-26-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntrout (Post 386130)
Anyone have experience with the Allen 3/4 Trout Reel. Looking for a reel for the 8'9" 4wt I just built. Used a TFO Finesse blank and the green Trout Reel I think would be a pretty sharp looking combination.

not a 3/4 but I have two 5/6's and love them.

I do have two of his old 3/4 XL's that I also enjoy.

auntrout 01-26-2012 11:53 PM

I figure you can't compare these reels with those that cost 2-3 times as much, but was wondering how the anodizing has held up. At a 4wt its pretty much there to just hold line, but I'd be bummed if the anodize scratches off too easily. thanks

Liphookedau 01-27-2012 01:12 AM

I have two 9/10s one is The older version which I haven't used much,the other an Allen II the latter is a beaut Reel which I use it with a 9'6" 6-7 Rod,it not only balances good because it's Skeletonised & light,also being a larger diameter I find it easier to get the line back on the Spool when I hook Fish with my shoulder,neck & finger problems, it does the job as good as the more expensive Reels which I have a few of,the finish is still fine as I've only to date used it late evenings/night time so I've really given it a good test run over the last month or so..
The only problem I've had is The Back cover plate fell off whilst Fishing,at this stage I've seached & haven't found it,I'm still seaching however I think one of the larger Birds could have taken it.
Brian.

fredaevans 01-28-2012 09:10 PM

That answers a personal question. Need to purchase a few (new) reels for my one hander's (load up old Teeny Nymph lines) and scratching my head as to where/whose/etc.

I think I just got my question answered.

Fred