The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 08:16 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On the lookout for a new 3 wt reel

You Wrote: "comments, suggestions and offers of reels for sale are very welcome." I have a Galvan Rush 4 in the classified forum. It's 100% mint, as new. It weighs 4.8oz on my digital scale, and would make a fine 3wt reel IMO. Galvan describes is as a 3-5wt reel, but I'd be more inclined to call it a 3/4. I used it once for fishing bluegill. Its very wide drag range would easily protect the lightest tippet, yet handle the lunker you might happen to find in smaller waters. I could call it 100% brand new, but I did write on this forum that I took it out once....

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...-4-ob-4-a.html
Old 12-18-2011, 04:12 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, still really not any further on in my decision process.
Maybe the big fella with the white beard will make the decision for me...

Addicted To Vise
Old 12-18-2011, 04:37 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
You Wrote: "comments, suggestions and offers of reels for sale are very welcome." I have a Galvan Rush 4 in the classified forum. It's 100% mint, as new. It weighs 4.8oz on my digital scale, and would make a fine 3wt reel IMO. Galvan describes is as a 3-5wt reel, but I'd be more inclined to call it a 3/4. I used it once for fishing bluegill. Its very wide drag range would easily protect the lightest tippet, yet handle the lunker you might happen to find in smaller waters. I could call it 100% brand new, but I did write on this forum that I took it out once....

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...-4-ob-4-a.html
+1, I own the old Galvan Standard, excellent reels (made in the USA)..