The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Praise for Ross Customer Service

Last time I fished my 10yr old Colorado 2, a spring on the pawl gave up and it was intermittently going into freewheel.

I emailed Ross about it, and they're sending both a replacement light and heavy spring to my house, at no charge.

Its good to see Ross's small company feel continuing, even after 3M has acquired them. I'm even more of a Ross Reels fan than I already was.

Edit- Ross/3M sent TWO of each spring, as well as a spare plate and screw!

Ross, thanks for being awesome!

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Praise for Ross Customer Service

That's good to hear Cliff, I posted a year or two about 3M doing likewise regarding a loop giving way on one of their 160 grain sink tips. One of their reps saw a post of mine on-line about the broken loop and contacted me. They then sent me 2 replacement tips.

I believe they (3M) are a good company especially in the customer service area.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-17-2012, 02:07 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Like hearing stories like that Cliff. Glad I have a Ross.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:01 AM

auntrout will become famous soon enough

I second that. I also have a Colorado 2; its good to know if I have a problem Ross will have my back.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:46 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Cliff; that's great to hear.

I've dealt with 3M as a Corporation and they are, in my book, top shelf. Great people orientation and a "can do" attitude. Hard to beat the Midwestern approach when it's fired up and working well.

I have a similar story about Hardy NA.

I had a small Bougle reel that had reel seat ears that were too thick to accommodate the slide bands on one of my favorite 3 wts. I called Hardy, talked to one of the US reps, he said send us the reel and we'll check out the ears. Turns out, they checked it against the rod that I was talking about; a Tom Morgan 7'9" graphite 3 wt, agreed that the ears were too think, milled them down to a perfect fit and sent the reel back to me. Took about 2 weeks for the whole process. Total bill.........FREE........with a note that said "thanks for using Hardy reels, enjoy fishing your 3 wt".

Pocono
Old 01-18-2012, 09:41 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Cliff: That is really good news, I to was wondering how the Ross customer service would evolve after they were absorbed by 3M! Sounds like nothing negative has changed, they still are providing outstanding customer service!

Old 01-18-2012, 01:13 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Cliff: That is really good news, I to was wondering how the Ross customer service would evolve after they were absorbed by 3M! Sounds like nothing negative has changed, they still are providing outstanding customer service!

Me too Larry. While I only own one Ross, I have been a bit concerned how the 3M acquisition would play out on the stellar CS that I have heard of when folks talk about Ross.

Great to hear BigCliff, thanks for the feedback