The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 02:02 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Allen Fly Fishing co's anti-reverse reel

Any idea when this reel goes on the market. Any good anti reverse reel at a fraction of the cost of what's out there now I'll take three! Sounds great hope it previews soon.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 01-25-2012, 09:32 AM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold

Okay, now you've done it! I got to have one! I fell in love with the anti-reverse reels a few years ago fishing for Kings in AK. The Islander AR4 I was using was a loaner, and I think I cried a bit when I gave it back. Since then I have been on a quest for one I can afford without the wife planting it someplace deep and dark. With Allen's rep as being affordable, I am waiting with baited breath....okay maybe a "flied" breath??

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:51 AM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

having never held an AR reel in my hand...I wonder why you'd want one unless it was at least an 8 wt or so...I can see a need with a coho or chum or pike. Are they even produced in lighter weights?

-Mike
Old 01-25-2012, 11:55 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

I have 3 of the medalist ones and love them, can still be had for less than $100.00, one is an 8wt., 9/10 wt, and a 12 weight off shore..
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..