The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rip Tide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 02:12 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Pflueger medalist 1598RC-Where to get-New or Used!!??

Had lots of these at one time but 'some move from there to here' apparently took care of that. Would love to get a couple (spools too). Google search was very unkind ...

Fred
Old 02-14-2012, 02:24 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Pflueger medalist 1598RC-Where to get-New or Used!!??

fred,
not sure if its what you're looking for but found this on fleabay-
PFLUEGER MEDALIST FLY REEL MODEL 1595.ONLY A FEW LEFT,SAVE $14.00 NOW. | eBay

casey

ARFE
Old 02-14-2012, 02:38 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, is it possible that they don't make them anymore?
I had a nice 1498 DA in my hands the other day but didn't buy it.
Now I wish I had
Old 02-14-2012, 02:49 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

Try to get one pre 1979, when production moved overseas. I understand that the older reels are higher quality and will retain their value.

"1979 - Production moved overseas to China, Japan and Hong Kong, Shakespeare Medalists had the reel foot assembly crimped and the contours of the foot were coarser and less refined. The letters CJ (Japan) and AK (Hong Kong, China) appeared after the model numbers. The reel foot had the words Japan, China or Hong Kong inscribed in it. The words "Pflueger Medalist" and/or "Shakespeare" appeared on the spool latch cover."

"Pflueger Medalist Reels - A History - Fly Angler's OnLine Volumn 7 week 41

The P foot makes the reel compatible to newer rods.

One-Pfoot for Pflueger Medalists

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 02-14-2012, 02:58 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

That's a 1598 standing tall in the back row, next to the turkey feathers

Click the image to open in full size.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:27 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
Wow, is it possible that they don't make them anymore?
I had a nice 1498 DA in my hands the other day but didn't buy it.
Now I wish I had
Folks built one type/generation of another for close to 60+ years (maybe more). Owned many of them and only had one 'give it up' on me ... well it was a King Salmon .... Bugger bent the frame and that had never happened before ... but 20# leader and the drag screwed down tight ... may, mind you, just may .... have had something to do with that.

Did hit the e bay link above and did a 'buy it now' and asked if 'he' had more, and which ones.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
That's a 1598 standing tall in the back row, next to the turkey feathers

Click the image to open in full size.
BAD PERSON!

I am a member of the 'OweBama' Administration, and you are too 'rich.'

You WILL distribute those to who are in need. I'll PM you my mailing address.

IE'T ES Y'R CUVIK DITY TO PROVID 4 TA HUDLED MASIVES.

Please comply immediately .... or! .