The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 11:31 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Henschel Reels, Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
H-R, You will have to inquire of Ray about this but I am confident that this big reel is, by any other name, a giant Tempest. I think he is agood guy and honest and he will inform you about maintanance matters regarding the cork component of the drag. I would ask if the drag is the same design as Tempest. It also might be available sans engravaing - I don't know if that is done here or in Korea.

your right on salt.
albright bought out sea level a few years ago. they produced the tempest reels for a while, but i believe they are now out of production.

casey

ARFE
Old 02-21-2012, 11:36 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

Casey, I think it is the reverse, that Sea Level aquired the ditribution rights for Tempest from Albright that helped develop it. They appear to still be in production, I suspect in limited numbers.

H-R, Here is a built in Vancover 14oz. mega capacitay, Islander LX 4.8:

Click the image to open in full size.

I fish an LX 3.8 with an 8-weight line on ome of my bonefish outfits and it has proven itself to be a top-quality reel from a reel maker that does not get the attention I feel it deserves.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:40 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

no image
just got it!

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

that's a beast of a reel btw

casey

ARFE