The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 11:05 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold
Cool Allen Alpha II Green

Yep more Allen gear. I had a chance to do some neat photography this time.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

thanks for looking
mojo and cattech89 like this.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:33 AM

caleb7mm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Allen Alpha II Green

very nice! this is my next purchase
Old 04-20-2012, 10:59 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

It's a good looking reel...I keep thinking about one to replace the Sage i have on my 8wt...but I want a polished reel

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 04-20-2012, 01:33 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

What kind of drag design/material does this reel employ? There is not much about this on thier web site.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:47 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

It's a multi-carbon-disk drag system but as far as specifics, that's all I know :/

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 04-20-2012, 08:16 PM

TeddyBallgame09 is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Allen Alpha II Green

That Green one is wicked sharp!

I have an Alpha II in Aquamarine and can tell you these reels are an unbelievable value! They are incredibly smooth and the drag is unreal!!!
Justin and Gavin are top-notch guys to deal with and will be very successful with great products, more than fair pricing and incredible service!

Btw, Beauty of a photo in the OP!!!
cattech89 and mbphotos54 like this.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:25 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

for sure. I like my gunmetal alpha II
Old 06-02-2012, 06:45 AM

rookstorm is on a distinguished road

Allen Fly Fishing Alpha II Reels | MidCurrent
this guy isnt convinced about these reels
Old 06-02-2012, 07:53 AM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookstorm View Post
Allen Fly Fishing Alpha II Reels | MidCurrent
this guy isnt convinced about these reels
That review doesn't mean a lot to me. The guy has an older first gen reel. I had one too that the drag failed. I called Justin, told him the problem. I sent it back, got a brand new one (new gen) within a week. The rest of the dude's story sounds exactly like a story. Justin tells him to keep the other 3 reels for the inconvinence and the guy tell us he spends his own money shipping them back? Calling B.S. on 80% of the story.
And when a guy spells the word because, "cuz", and then uses the term -dum dum, I really blow off the review.
fysh and cattech89 like this.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to behold

Hey Mike, thanks for the photos. Did a good job on the Green reel. To respond on the mid-current review. Our Alpha II is hard to keep in stock due to its demand. That is a justification to me and Evan that we are doing something right. Also, mid current directs most of our Alpha II sales on the website. Also, over the course of the last 5 months I have enjoyed all the stories from people in person at trade shows that use our Alpha II.

I don't mind (feedback) reviews since it does provide positive feedback. That lead us to spot the issue in the Alpha 1 about a year ago. However, reviews that move into other topics are directed in other ways and lose credibility to the product that should be reviewed in this case the Alpha II. Some might have a bad experience and like to air it all when a call could take care of the issue.

We have a simple warranty policy as well on our reelsl. Contact Evan, mail the product, we look at the product, fix it, or replace it. If its a mfg error we will pay the shipping both ways.

Lots of you have gotten to know me over the course of the last 3 years and if something is not right, I'll take care of it right away. We are a young brand name that people enjoy working with and we will keep our promise to our customers for our personal touch of customer service, quality, and new product development.

Thank you

Justin
Allen Fly Fishing
mojo, cattech89, caseywise and 3 others like this.

Last edited by allenflyfishing; 06-03-2012 at 09:19 PM.