The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 06:50 AM

masmario is on a distinguished road
Default Bogdan ratchet

Dear All
i know some of you have a good knowledge about Bogdan reel , i want to ask you if is normal that the ratchet of the model large trout is so noisy when you retreive the line , i just brought another Bogdan mod 0 i will receive next week i hope it will be more silence reel . please let me know . thanks in advance. cheers

Last edited by masmario; 08-10-2012 at 06:51 AM. Reason: feedback
Old 08-10-2012, 09:21 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bogdan ratchet

The Trout model is a classic, perhaps THE classic spring and pawl reel thus will genertate gear to pawl clicking in the Hardy tradition. The "0", a salmon model, employs dual coil spring activated brake shoes and is a vey different, heavier, stronger draged and quiter reel for very different applications. To posess a Stan Bogdan Trout and "0"; way cool!
Old 08-13-2012, 12:01 PM

Thanks sweetandsalt
i appreciated your reply and thanks to make more clear to me the Bogdan mechanism , by the way i decided to buy the mod 0 and 150 Anniversary set instead the only 0 mod.......i m really looking forward to see them on my hand and use it.....! i think i did well ....now i have to stop to searching for more reels......otherwise im getting the " Bogdan fever "..... haa...!. let me know your opinion take care.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masmario View Post
Thanks sweetandsalt
i appreciated your reply and thanks to make more clear to me the Bogdan mechanism , by the way i decided to buy the mod 0 and 150 Anniversary set instead the only 0 mod.......i m really looking forward to see them on my hand and use it.....! i think i did well ....now i have to stop to searching for more reels......otherwise im getting the " Bogdan fever "..... haa...!. let me know your opinion take care.