The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stl_geoff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 09:50 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Another custom colored reel

Earlier this year some of you may remember I painted up one of my Sage reels burnt orange and it was excellent. During the thread there was lots of talk about doing a fish pattern. Well sorry to Abel and DeYoung, but Im not paying that much for something that could/would get dragged on rocks and wood, so spray paint and me are good enough. I debated about which trout pattern to go with but I went with my first initial thought for this reel and did rainbow trout. Enjoy.

Click the image to open in full size.

Still want to do a small reel in brookie pattern, guess I'll need to buy one.
newby likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 09-28-2012, 11:25 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another custom colored reel

Paint or powder coat?
Old 09-28-2012, 11:44 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Another custom colored reel

Paint.

i used similar steps to the reel I painted this spring that is still holding up strong dispite me dragging it arcoss gravel bars and wacking trees with it

Storm Drain Bonefisher