The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Time to get KRAKEN

The new reel put out by Allen's Fly Fishing. Justin and Evan out did themselves. The reel is smooth as silk. Great drag, and the V shape is genius. I only wish it came in a 3/4

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks guys. This reel is perfect for my Carp addiction, and Steelhead in the future!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:46 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Time to get KRAKEN

sweet rig joni!

casey

ARFE
Old 11-04-2012, 06:54 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Joni, I'm jealous. Should be picking a few of these up very soon... Looks mean on that rod too, perfect match!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 11-04-2012, 08:43 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Looks great Joni!

By the way, caught some nice trout on one of your leaders today
Guest1 likes this.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:46 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

is that a cgr rod??

ARFE
Old 11-04-2012, 09:22 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

Was just about to ask the same thing casey....looks like a CGR to me. Sweet sticks at super low price.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:33 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Congrats on that set up Joni. Very nice indeed!!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
is that a cgr rod??

It is. It's the 7/8 but I have the 3/4 as well. How about this shot
caseywise likes this.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:57 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

This was in my mailbox today, arriving quicker than I anticipated too:
Very impressive packaging and a neat neoprene reel bag to boot!

Joni, now that I have played around with my own size 3 Kraken reel, I have to agree with your review on all parts. Unfortunately I haven't yet had the chance to spool it up and hook into a fish, but so far I am VERY impressed. And the drag click is certainly the most pleasant I've ever heard (I'm not a huge fan of loud drags, especially incoming clicks). Here's hoping the new reel gets a workout Saturday. I can't wait!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 11-08-2012, 03:28 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Im surprised its taken you that long to get one :P

Storm Drain Bonefisher