The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 07:02 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Martin 61 line weights?

sorry about the late response, but ive never seen those felt pads on any martin reel.
perhaps it was put on by the shipper to secure the spool?
great looking reel btw

casey

ARFE
Old 12-01-2012, 07:05 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

So Casey, that is strange. He never said anything about that. You may be right though. I will try to contact him, and see what he thinks. He may of never opened that reel up. Nobody seems to know the answer. Oh, thanks. I am glad that you like the look of the reel. It did just fine on the water for me.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:07 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

ive got a 6'6" featherlight on the way for mine
i'll post pics when it comes.

casey

ARFE
Old 12-01-2012, 08:45 PM

mtnwkr will become famous soon enoughmtnwkr will become famous soon enough

Sorry for the late reply. All of my martin 61's have two felt washers, then a metal washer, then a nut that sit on top of the spool. Nothing under it. Here's a picture in case that doesn't make sense, and because everyone likes pictures!

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:32 AM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Casey, I don't know what that rod is, so yes, show it.

So both felt pads go in wtnwkr! I tried that first, but it was then sitting too high, and didn't want to close. I didn't force it, because I wasn't so sure about if that was the correct way, or not. Thank you for that answer. Now I know. I just saw the previous owner of my reel, and he thought only one felt pad went in, and that the other was a spare. I will try both pads again, and see what happens.

Okay, I put both felt washers, under the metal one, and it tightened down okay. I am gonna leave it like that. Thanks.

Last edited by kelkay; 12-02-2012 at 10:52 AM.