The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 04:54 PM

luked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the rough
Default Has anyone looked at the Hardy CLS reel?

really like the idea of the Cassette type reels. had a Greys style reel similar to this a few years ago and really liked the setup of having more than one line choice but at a reasonable price like the small cassettes
was wondering if any of you all have any experience with this reel or have handeled one by chance
Old 12-03-2012, 07:07 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone looked at the Hardy CLS reel?

The trade show folks liked the reel; it took first place.

Hardy CLS Fly Reel Wins Best Freshwater Fly Reel – IFTD 2012 | Angling Trade
Old 12-04-2012, 07:57 PM

burk48237 is just really niceburk48237 is just really niceburk48237 is just really niceburk48237 is just really nice

It's pretty cool, it has the same large aspect ratio, drag, and captive spool release as the UL DD. And the price is right $259 for the 4-6 weight, and $289 for the 6-8 weight. I love those kind of reels for a Streamer Rod where I can have different heads and sink tips loaded up.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:46 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

That is a beauty. I have never seen nor heard of them before. I buy mostly classic reels.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:37 PM

gretch6364 is on a distinguished road

So far, I have only seen them available in the 5000 and 7000 models, which oddly, are for a 7wt and a 9wt, and I have heard run pretty large. The 5000 weighs 7.2 oz. I would love to have one in a small size for my six weight. Would make the prospect of having multiple lines sooooo much cheaper.