The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 08:42 PM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Who makes a good click and pawl reel

I just read in one of the magazines that, Orvis is re-introducing the click & pawl Battenkill reels for under $100. Per the articles, the reels will be introduced in 2013.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:18 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Sierra Trading Post has the SA System 1 on sale. 40 beans.
Good reel, great value
Old 12-17-2012, 09:37 AM

moucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
Sierra Trading Post has the SA System 1 on sale. 40 beans.
Good reel, great value
Or only 24 beans with the today-only discount keycode: SZK5019E ! Buy two and put a floater on one and a sink-tip on the other!
mcnerney likes this.

Last edited by moucheur2003; 12-17-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:43 PM

moucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
I have the old Orvis Battenkill. Now called the BBS (battenkill bar stock), they are still under $100 and I imagine still a quality piece.

Otherwise, that Reddington is a nice looking reel.
The BBS is a nice, modestly priced reel, but it is a redesign of the Battenkill disc drag, not the Battenkill spring-and-pawl. Orvis no longer carries a Battenkill spring-and-pawl.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:00 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

24.00 for a system one seems like a no brainer......
heck i may pick one up at that price
i've had a spool of dt5 line sitting on my shelf forever....a 678 system one would make a fine home for it

casey

ARFE
Old 12-17-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
24.00 for a system one seems like a no brainer......
heck i may pick one up at that price
i've had a spool of dt5 line sitting on my shelf forever....a 678 system one would make a fine home for it

casey
Go for it! A System 2L for $39 ain't a bad deal either, if you prefer the 2L's caliper drag. But the discount ends today, so don't dawdle. (Then again, they'll probably offer another promotional coupon soon enough.)