The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 12:33 AM

bignap200 is on a distinguished road
Default Reel appraisal

Anyone know of a website or someone who can price out a couple reels? I have 2 beautiful Fin-Nor #2 Anti reverse reels I've had since I was a kid, about 20 years. Never touched salt water only used in fresh for salmon and steelhead. I take them on every trio I ever go on as backup and really never use them. They're are in great condition, slight hairline scratches on the anodized finish. Serviced them every 3 years they are awesome reels I just dnt use them ever and I'm in the market for a new reel for my spey rod. Any suggestions appreciated
Old 12-26-2012, 12:49 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Reel appraisal

Local fly shop maybe? Or look on ebay and see what they are going for.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:08 AM

bignap200 is on a distinguished road

Yeah that's the prob I live where there is no decent shop and can't find any on e bay the ones on E bay are the real old skool reels. I may just send them to Lleland for the upgrade program.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:11 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

Hmm yeah well maybe someone on here can be of more help then. Other than those two places I really dont know of anywhere.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:10 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum. Here's what I would do if I were you. E bay will give you a low end idea if you can find one on there and that may take some time. It's a great place to buy but a lousy place to sell. I'd wait for a bit and see what some of the members here say over the next few days on price. If you stick around and contribute to the forum for a while you can sell it here. That may be a better way to go but you can't do it till you have real posts, 20 of them. We have had a recent rash of 10 character posts for the required 20 posts in a grand total of 25 minutes and then bang, a for sale post.

Hop over to member introductions and post there. That will give you one more real post you need. Give it some time and see what the guys here know about them. We have a lot of really knowledgeable folks on here.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:00 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Few places when I Googled. This one offers free appraisels maybe check them out?
Fishing Antiques menu
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:47 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

One other good place (for this type of reel) is the classified section of the SpeyPages web board. Reels of this type are listed frequently. And what you'll see are real trades/sales.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:48 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

Also being specific about which models you have and posting images will help us help you.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:11 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Check out codella.com and cold water collectibles. They should be able to give a good price .
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:01 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Mr. Bash beat me to it.

CLASSIC

You might want to give them a call and talk with them about your reel. Be prepared to send photos. Also, remember, he is in business to make a buck or two so if you are trading or selling there, you might not get what a used one retails for.

What I have noticed about ebay is that prices can fluctuate GREATLY. I've been watching it for a year or so and have observed that there can be some really great buys, and other items end up being sold for way more than value. In my opinion, you'd have to watch it for a while and see the same item you've got come up and go with an average selling price. The ebay market in some cases, has its own distinct market pricing/value system.

Folks who sell on fishing forums are often a little more willing to deal with other members. Certainly not a requirement nor an absolute rule, just another observation of mine.