The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mcnerney

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 10:43 AM

barham will become famous soon enough
Default Ross Gunnison G4 Reel

I inherited the above reel from a deceased friend. I love the reel and have it loaded with 8 wt line. The only question about it is that the drag adjustment does not seem to release or ease the drag as far as I would like when compared to some of my other 8wt set ups.
Is this normal or is there something I can do the ease the drag a little?
Thanks,
barham
Old 01-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ross Gunnison G4 Reel

I had the same problem with a Galvan OB reel that I bought used on EBay, think I might have accidently got some dirt on the inside. I called Galvan and told them I had picked up the reel second hand on EBay, they told me to send it in and they would take a look at it. About a month later the reel comes back repaired without any charges. I gave Galvan a call and explained that I didn't expect them to pick up the repair charges since the reel was second hand, they said no problem. I'd recommend you call Ross and explain the issue that you are having.

Larry
jaybo41 likes this.

Larry