The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 06:56 PM

45srbest is on a distinguished road
Default Tibor Tailwater good on a GVX 9' 6 wt.?

Have a new Winston and wondering if anyone with this reel thinks it would be a good match. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:11 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tibor Tailwater good on a GVX 9' 6 wt.?

Tibor specs are 3.25 inch diameter, and 1.25 inches wide. It holds 100 yards of 20lb backing a WF 6 line, so that will work for freshwater. Saltwater fishing for bonefish might make you want more backing, but I fish mostly freshwater. I was **this** close buying one of these reels a couple of years ago. A shop was dropping Tibor, and it was close to half price! Snoozed, and then it was gone.......
Old 01-14-2013, 10:58 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tibor Tailwater good on a GVX 9' 6 wt.?

I have one on my T&T Paradigm, 9', 5wt. :

Click the image to open in full size.

...and my son has this one on his Winston BIIX, 9', 5wt. :

Click the image to open in full size.

...love 'em...

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/