The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 09:29 PM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Remove Oil from Lamson?

trout trekker;

If you would pull apart your Bauer you will quickly find the schematic you show is abreviated, ie incomplete. I have a MZ4 and called Bauer for parts which they would not sell but did the "if you send to us with $$ and wait 2-10 weeks.......". Been there done that.

Simply look at your handle these are at least 3+ parts not on you referenced schematic. Abreviated.

Lamson is the same, Ross is the same, ............

To show what is available on just about all other types of fishing reels:

Service | pennreels.com
Reel Schematics
Daiwa | Parts Diagram Search
SCHEMATICS & PARTS LISTS
Abu Garcia
Quantum Performance Tuned Fishing Tackle | Customer Service | Parts/Service

Just a few of the common fishing reel companies with reels far more complex than the any single action fly reel, which give on-line DETAILED schematics and most will sell you parts with a smile. Just "surf" Shimano's site for how confident they are in YOU and their products.

Some else better than me uses a quote on his posts by Lefty Kreh along these lines "theres more BS in fly fishing than a Kansas City stockyard".

This how I describe some/most fly reel makers attitude toward customer service on simple mechanical devices they no longer own.

Like I said I still look forward to the day that Shimano focuses on these products.

Pete A.
kelkay likes this.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:00 AM

alex2 will become famous soon enough

I totally agree that all reels can/should be able to be serviced by their owners and sare parts purchased freely.

Shimano made a very nice fly reel, not sure if they still do but they are a very nice piece of kit and fairly priced.

SHIMANO Biocraft XT - Overview | Fly Fishing Reels | Shimano Fishing NZ

Good luck with your Lamson.
pete a and leithel like this.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:48 AM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about

I wish those were imported here. Darn fine schematic if you click a bit on that site they are avaiable. This is the service ALL the fly reel makers should provide.

Pete A.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:09 PM

cocoaandme is on a distinguished road

This is a really interesting discussion and I guess that fact that I didn't notice the lack of full schematic info demonstrates how reel makers got away with not providing them.

I can't really understand why they wouldn't. They must have them already from their pre-production designs. Perhaps people just need to be more vocal about it and they will start posting the schematics.

Oh and to answer one previous posts question, I got one of the earlier gen waterworks ULA Force 2.