The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 07:36 PM

leftys brother is on a distinguished road
Default Lamson ula force sl

Good Evening All,
After this year I will be upgrading. I am thinking of putting a Lamson Force SL on for the reel. Most of my fishing will be on small rivers for smallmouth and the occasional trout trip. I would like to know from those who have used this reel how it has held up to normal to rough use?
Thank you for your time and knowledge.
J
Old 03-27-2013, 10:22 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lamson ula force sl

Back in the day, I used first generation ULA reels for my 3 (Purist model), 4, 5, and 7/8 rods. The drag systems are very smooth with a decent range of adjustment.

However you need be careful if you are rough on your equipment. The reels are made so light, that there is a chance that the rim of the spool could be bent. When I used to handle warranty work at the shop that used to work at, people would bring in their reels for me either to straighten the spools or send them out. Usual excuses were the reels getting dropped on rocks, dropped on a tile floor, or bounced around in a drift or jet boat.

I currently own a ULA 3x SL and a first generation Litespeed. They perform quite well. But I try to be careful with them.

Dennis
Old 03-27-2013, 10:43 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

as mp said, great reels!
i've never had a durability problem, but, as of now, i have
never dropped a reel.
i love my ula

casey

ARFE
Old 03-28-2013, 04:00 AM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about

No problem with mine , just bought a speedster haven't had a chance to use it but looking forward to weather break to give a run thru.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:53 AM

leftys brother is on a distinguished road

Thanks Y-all I appreciate the insight.
I try to take care of my equipment but it definitely does not lead a sheltered life.
J