The best of the best:) pics included!

bmbailes

Reaction score
i'll start out by saying that i work for NASA and work with and inspect program critical machining and hardware every day. When i got serious about flyfishing, my first reel was an Allen Trout I reel...i didnt know what to expect for the price point but i was amazed!! since then i have picked up and used the Alpha I & II and Trout II......and i will soon purchase a Kraken. I fish 95% of the time warmwater and salt. these reels are amazing and each new model is perfected. BUT i say all that to tell you that Allen has the BEST customer service ever! i recently posted about wanting( not needing ) a 3 wt. reel. Justin sent me an email about a green spare spool he was sending, which cost him alot more than it did me b/c they no longer made green alpha I spools....he told me he had a small unused Orvis CFO III sitting around and would send it along with my spare spool!! i couldnt believe it and on top of all that when they had the Alpha I clearance...they didnt have the color i ordered anymore.....so he upgrades my order for free to an Alpha II and sends a spare black spool for my Alpha I while i waited on the green spool!! Guys, you gotta check out Allen Flyfishing!!!! i'm not paid to tell you this, i'm just a super stoked customer and will be loyal to the company b/c they have been to me.

thanks for reading and heres a quick snap of my stable( the Hardy was a gift last year for my birthday....very nice but i like my Allens better:) )

noreaster

Reaction score
I agree with everything you said. I was treated extremely well by them and continue to support them. Love how pro-active they are about everything they do.:cool:
Keep up the great work Allen Fly Fishing!! Have some hooks and beads, and a tip:rolleyes: on the way.

charged

Reaction score
I agree with everything you said. I was treated extremely well by them and continue to support them. Love how pro-active they are about everything they do.:cool:
Keep up the great work Allen Fly Fishing!! Have some hooks and beads, and a tip:rolleyes: on the way.
Also have a Allen that is very nice. My only complaint (although minor) is I wish the foot was just a tad longer. Really not a big deal! I also have my fist ever busted up hardy coming in the mail, (cracked frame, but purchased at a price that made it interesting) it should be here any day, looking forward to checking it out, and seeing what I might be able to do with it.

stl_geoff

Reaction score
You cant really beat em. I have an original Alpha ( what I think was an alpha )...back when it was a somewhat heavy, polished trout model. its so small its on my 3 wt. This weekend some Allen ATS line showed up for that reel and let me tell ya, thats one of the first times i've ever hit a 60' marker with that particular 3wt I was using. Very pleased with the results.

bmbailes

Reaction score
you got that right! Justin is always quick to answer emails and has even called ME when i had a question. i cant wait to see whats coming out next from them:)