The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By bmbailes
  • 1 Post By noreaster
  • 1 Post By stl_geoff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 05:21 PM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice
Default The best of the best:) pics included!

i'll start out by saying that i work for NASA and work with and inspect program critical machining and hardware every day. When i got serious about flyfishing, my first reel was an Allen Trout I reel...i didnt know what to expect for the price point but i was amazed!! since then i have picked up and used the Alpha I & II and Trout II......and i will soon purchase a Kraken. I fish 95% of the time warmwater and salt. these reels are amazing and each new model is perfected. BUT i say all that to tell you that Allen has the BEST customer service ever! i recently posted about wanting( not needing ) a 3 wt. reel. Justin sent me an email about a green spare spool he was sending, which cost him alot more than it did me b/c they no longer made green alpha I spools....he told me he had a small unused Orvis CFO III sitting around and would send it along with my spare spool!! i couldnt believe it and on top of all that when they had the Alpha I clearance...they didnt have the color i ordered anymore.....so he upgrades my order for free to an Alpha II and sends a spare black spool for my Alpha I while i waited on the green spool!! Guys, you gotta check out Allen Flyfishing!!!! i'm not paid to tell you this, i'm just a super stoked customer and will be loyal to the company b/c they have been to me.

thanks for reading and heres a quick snap of my stable( the Hardy was a gift last year for my birthday....very nice but i like my Allens better )

Click the image to open in full size.
fysh, kelkay, stl_geoff and 3 others like this.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:15 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The best of the best:) pics included!

Sounds good to me, a company well worth checking out It's a shame I don't need any more tackle
Old 05-06-2013, 06:41 PM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

I agree with everything you said. I was treated extremely well by them and continue to support them. Love how pro-active they are about everything they do.
Keep up the great work Allen Fly Fishing!! Have some hooks and beads, and a tip on the way.
fysh likes this.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:34 PM

charged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreaster View Post
I agree with everything you said. I was treated extremely well by them and continue to support them. Love how pro-active they are about everything they do.
Keep up the great work Allen Fly Fishing!! Have some hooks and beads, and a tip on the way.
Also have a Allen that is very nice. My only complaint (although minor) is I wish the foot was just a tad longer. Really not a big deal! I also have my fist ever busted up hardy coming in the mail, (cracked frame, but purchased at a price that made it interesting) it should be here any day, looking forward to checking it out, and seeing what I might be able to do with it.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:49 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

You cant really beat em. I have an original Alpha ( what I think was an alpha )...back when it was a somewhat heavy, polished trout model. its so small its on my 3 wt. This weekend some Allen ATS line showed up for that reel and let me tell ya, thats one of the first times i've ever hit a 60' marker with that particular 3wt I was using. Very pleased with the results.
bmbailes likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 05-07-2013, 07:27 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie O'Neill View Post
Sounds good to me, a company well worth checking out It's a shame I don't need any more tackle
Is your wife secretly reading this forum?

WE ALWAYS, need new tackle.

My biggest fear is having my wife sell my fishing gear for what I TOLD her I paid for it.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:20 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

Over the top customer service (like a personal friend) story...deserving of loyalty.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:45 AM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice

you got that right! Justin is always quick to answer emails and has even called ME when i had a question. i cant wait to see whats coming out next from them