The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels
  • 1 Post By r reese
  • 1 Post By tromak
  • 1 Post By bear 007

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 05:23 PM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice
Default Galvan Brookie or New Orvis Battenkill

Tell me what you think or would buy . Anyone have any of these? Need a small reel for 61/2 ft 3 wt
Old 05-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Galvan Brookie or New Orvis Battenkill

Well........

By now you know me and may be able to guess the answer. Depending on the rod I would probably find a vintage hardy Featherweight for the life long classic look and sound. Or........... a vintage CFO II in mint shape; same for that featherweight, don't pay too much for something that has been beat up.

New reels are cool with me but nothing says small stream fishing (to me) like the 2 reel models & sizes I put forth............... Old School
fly_guy12955 likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-15-2013, 03:17 PM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice

Just wanting info on the two new reels Hardy reels are nice older reels good also
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:00 PM

tromak is on a distinguished road

I would take galvan over orvis any day. The reels are amazing, they work flawlessly and they look good. It is a much smaller company and i think they deserve your money for a multitude of reasons. Making what i believe to be the best reels on the market is only one of them.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:07 PM

bear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of light

I just purchased the Brookie this spring, it fits my Orvis 1wt. superfine real well. The Brookie has no drag, just an delrin adjustment to stop backlash, same idea as click and pawl, its extremely light and real smooth, I really like it.
Hardyreels likes this.