The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kelkay

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 05:26 PM

furrystrawberry is on a distinguished road
Default Ross F1 or Van Staal C-Vex

I do kot knpw which reel to choose. My friend is giving me discounts on both reels(in the business). Please just discuss these reels. Also todays my birthday!

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Oops sorry for the mispellings it is "I do not know"

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Oh yeah, i almost forgot, i am going to be using an 8 weight rod and surf fishing in cheasepeak bay. I will be dunking it in the water and need a fully sealed drag.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:40 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Ross F1 or Van Staal C-Vex

Happy Birthday! My son's bd was on the 28th. I am sorry I can't help with the reel choices. I don't know enough about those reels, to offer advise.
gixxer58 likes this.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:36 PM

grouch has a spectacular aura aboutgrouch has a spectacular aura aboutgrouch has a spectacular aura about

Which one do you like better? That's all that matters.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:52 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

These are two reels that have not gottern a lot of ink in this forum. Both fine products though and, this is not a diffinitive answer to your question just an "instinct", I would lean toward Ross F1. It is a newer design with a highly rated drag from a fine company with a new big buck owner.

From a more logical perspective; bring in your rod and see which one balances better with it as the van Staal is a heavier reel.