The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 07:23 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: vintage reel

I sold my Hardy perfect for $450.00. I tell you this to give you an idea just how guilty you should feel.
kelkay likes this.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:56 PM

oarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to all

A heck of a deal, fish it and the rod.

Rick
Old 06-06-2013, 02:21 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: vintage reel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockthief View Post
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That reel is worth hundreds of dollars. Good for you. You have started at the top.
In all likelihood RT's probably very close to being right. If you ever decide to part company with the reel check in with the SpeyPages web board. Hardy's like this one won't last an hour.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:31 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupe21 View Post
hey guys I am new here, I am a big bass fisherman, but have always wanted to get into fly fishing as I live about an hour from good trout spots now I do fish for trout but when I do Is just use a open face reel and ultra lite rod recently I purchased a hardy the perfect 3 1/8 fly reel, I gave 10 bucks for the thing, from what I understand it would be better to put this up, are these good little reels and I are they worth anything, also if you where to fish it what all purpose fly rod for around 100-200 would you get for it

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

I cannot figure out how to post pictures but here is a link to where I have posted pictures at Vintage Fly Reels - Fishing Rods, Reels, Line, and Knots - Bass Fishing Forums
Fishing gear is meant to be fished... There are very very very few items that deserve the "put it up and only look at it"... Personally you're only disrespecting it by NOT fishing it... If you're not gonna fish it send it to me and I'll put it to good use

BTW That reel deserves a good bamboo rod... Not some modern day plastic rod
Old 06-06-2013, 10:32 PM

lupe21 is on a distinguished road

sure I will send it to you where do you live oh shipping is 500 bucks I think I will use it in the future, but first I have to learn how to fly fish
Old 06-06-2013, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Did we ever establish whether the reel is right or left hand retrieve?

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-06-2013, 10:55 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Did we ever establish whether the reel is right or left hand retrieve?
Answer is 'no' Ard. But if he wants to 'dump' the thing won't make a nickles worth of difference.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:13 PM

lupe21 is on a distinguished road

its right handed, why must this reel be fished on a bamboo rod, ive looked at some and they are pricey and what is a good mid range one or could I not just put it on a graphite something like a sage response
Old 06-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

You can use it on any rod you would wish to. People often use them with bamboo to counter the heavy tip weight of many bamboo rods. Modern bamboo rods are quite light but often still are a bit heavier in the tips than graphite.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;