The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 08:00 PM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all
Default My search is over- Mint Sage 505L

It arrived today from Alaska, a Sage 505L that looks like it has never been lined or even mounted on a rod. No scratches- factory perfect. It didn't come cheap but happily the seller accepted my offer. Anyhow, here it is lined and mounted to my Sage 590LL. Perfection-
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:10 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: My search is over- Mint Sage 505L

wow!!
what a beautiful reel
that is truly an incredible rig, thanks for sharing

casey
russellb likes this.

ARFE
Old 06-01-2013, 08:13 PM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all

Thanks- this was a grail find for me as this was the rod/reel outfit I lusted after when I was a broke college/aviation student.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:52 AM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Those two look like they belong together; very nice!
russellb likes this.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:10 AM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold

Perfect match, it must feel great to finally procure something you have been craving for a while.
russellb likes this.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:15 PM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about

looks good, hope you enjoy the set up.
russellb likes this.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:00 AM

burk48237 is just really niceburk48237 is just really niceburk48237 is just really niceburk48237 is just really nice

These were Hardy JLH's and one of the best reels Hardy ever made. I personally think these are the sleepers in the Hardy line. Not that they sell cheap on line, but I think they are a big step up over the Marquis/System reels. I have the identical Hardy (JLH Golden #5) and love it.
russellb likes this.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:48 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

With this outfit you CAN fish for trout! What line did you rig?
russellb likes this.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:01 AM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

That's a dandy! I have a particular affinity for these reels and absolutely love fishing for trout with them. Congrats on a fantastic buy and a most excellent pairing on that Sage LL.

Cheers,
Mike.
russellb likes this.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:27 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by burk48237 View Post
These were Hardy JLH's and one of the best reels Hardy ever made. I personally think these are the sleepers in the Hardy line. Not that they sell cheap on line, but I think they are a big step up over the Marquis/System reels. I have the identical Hardy (JLH Golden #5) and love it.
Interesting! How do they compare pricewise? (JLH to Sage 500 series) Also what does the JLH stand for?