The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 01:14 PM

dennis7490 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rebuild old Hardy or buy new

I just packed up the lightweight with 3 spools and put a check in for Bill, and will ship tomorrow. Father's day gift to myself!
Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:39 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Rebuild old Hardy or buy new

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis7490 View Post
I just packed up the lightweight with 3 spools and put a check in for Bill, and will ship tomorrow. Father's day gift to myself!
Thanks for your thoughts.
Good answer. The Man has 'Magic Fingers.' If broke and it can be fixed .. he's the Guy.

Fred
Old 07-06-2013, 03:11 PM

dennis7490 is on a distinguished road

Just to catch you all up.

I sent Bill my lightweight with 3 spools. I added $12 or $!3 bucks for the return shipping, not sure what it would be.
I got the reels and spools back, working beautifully, plus $3.50 in a little baggy for my overpayment of shipping.
This guy is about as good and honest as they get. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

I will put a 4 and a 5 weight on two of the spools. One of the spools already has 5 wt. sinking line.

ciao,

dennis
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:13 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

That's great to hear you have the back and are pleased with the repair. I have heard nothing but the very best from those who have had work done by Bill. I'm not surprised your results were the same. Good to hear you kept the reel and are ready to fish it!