The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 03:20 PM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all
Default Re: New Fly Reel Company

I am intrigued by the Array, the lighter weight to be specific.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:06 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Nice, I found the info. The page loaded funny in chrome and the drop-down menu under 'reels' didn't load right so I was just looking at the reels on the purchase page. Loaded fine in Firefox and Explorer and the information looks great.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Business Member

taylorreels will become famous soon enoughtaylorreels will become famous soon enough

That's strange that it didn't load well because chrome is my primary browser. I have not had anyone else ever tell me they have had issues. I'm glad it worked so you can see the page though.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:23 AM

siege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to behold

Those are some very handsome reels, and the colors are well chosen for a variety of rods. Looking forward to a variety of reviews.
Do you have any major retail distribution yet ?
Old 07-06-2013, 10:41 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorreels View Post
That's strange that it didn't load well because chrome is my primary browser. I have not had anyone else ever tell me they have had issues. I'm glad it worked so you can see the page though.
Yeah who knows, I've given up trying to figure out the different browsers. I have all three because I find one periodically gets funny. When it loaded the page was really jumpy when the pictures scrolled and the drop down menus didn't work. I tried the other browsers to be sure it wasn't my internet connection, but it's probably just some setting buried in my version of chrome. Nice site and nice looking reels!
Old 07-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Business Member

taylorreels will become famous soon enoughtaylorreels will become famous soon enough

I wanted to add some pictures for reference.

Click the image to open in full size.

baseman1 likes this.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:20 PM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about

definitely some beauty there in those reels. GL with the company.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:53 PM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

It seems the copper has struck a chord. I think it looks pretty cool too. You may want to keep that color as your trademark color if you haven't already. How seamless are the parts when assembled? Any "rattle play" between the spool and body of the reel?
kelkay likes this.

Last edited by noreaster; 07-07-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Business Member

We are defiantly considering making the copper our "signature color". It has been hugely popular. People will be impressed with the quality of the reels once they get them in their hands. They are smooth, have a nice click, beautiful, and built really fun to fish. We have been doing a ton of work on our website so you may want to check it out again Taylor Reels:: Quality and Affordable Fly Fishing Reels . I added a picture of our green reel. We are also doing a limited run of gold!

baseman1 likes this.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:17 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

If I might be so bold as to suggest something.

Maybe nail down your logo? Or at least market one of the three marks you have (one on reels, one on logos, one on website) more than the others for a bit. It'll help establish your space in the flooded reel market. Yeah, I know some companies have lots of different marks (some for tshirts, some for water bottles, hats etc) but that's usually after a couple years.

Besides if I got a fly reel I might use it for more than just trout.

That said, I don't see a photo of the other side of the reels. Are the handles plastic or aluminum? Might also be good to see a shot of the spool as well as the drag.

Nice classic color set. When Cheeky reels came out a couple years back they opened with some pretty wild colors IMO, then came the standard silver and copper.

I've owned Ross, Lamson, Sage, Orvis, Hatch, Cheeky and Saracione, but am always open to trying something new. Kind of a gear head too. ;-)

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com