The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 11:27 PM

enolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really nice
Default Re: New Fly Reel Company

In addition to nailing down the logo. I may suggest nailing down a nice wordpress site. I've noticed some glitches and slow loading pages.

My web designer (for my remodeling company) produced an awesome site for me that is optimized to the max. All I have to do is keep a current blog and google loves to see that... He specializes in contractor sites but is also an avid backpacker/hunter where he has a site for that as well. If you're interested in his information, pm me and I'll pass his info to you.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 07-08-2013, 07:19 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: New Fly Reel Company

Jaw dropper reels, especially the Copper. Do you have them in 'Spey line' size?
Old 07-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Business Member

taylorreels will become famous soon enoughtaylorreels will become famous soon enough

We actually do have a single logo. The logos you see on the reels were some early options we were looking at. We have a photo shoot scheduled in a couple weeks which will show all the reels with the updated logo.

As far as the website. It runs fast and smooth on newer versions of firefox, chrome, safari, and IE. We were doing a ton of updates on it over the weekend so you might have been looking at it during a time that updates were taking place. There are still a couple bugs we are working on.

As far as spey reels we are currently in the R&D stages of our first one. You should see a reel offered in spey sizes by the end of the year.

Thanks for all the interest and input. We truly do appreciate it!
williamhj and shotgunfly like this.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:19 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorreels View Post

As far as the website. It runs fast and smooth on newer versions of firefox, chrome, safari, and IE. We were doing a ton of updates on it over the weekend so you might have been looking at it during a time that updates were taking place. There are still a couple bugs we are working on.
Cool...look into responsive design too. Single source looks great on all devices. I'm currently working with my full time company to bring them over to it. It will really make a difference when folks hit the site on tablets and mobile phones.

All the best!

Looking forward to those new shots!

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com
Old 07-09-2013, 04:33 PM

carnivorousnw will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: New Fly Reel Company

In for the 5/6wt. Oregon green baby. Keep the quality "Reel" Matt and thanks for the chat.
Vince
Old 07-09-2013, 09:59 PM

lacanadio is just really nicelacanadio is just really nicelacanadio is just really nicelacanadio is just really nicelacanadio is just really nice

A relative turned me on to Taylor Reels. I did the kickstarter thing and my reel ought to be here any day now (they're working feverishly on the batch, sounds like). I'm happy to be supporting a New Mexico start-up company esp. one that is run by avid anglers.

Only problem is, I have to explain to SWMBO why it's important to have another reel .

Bob
kelkay and MoscaPescador like this.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:44 AM

furnacefella will become famous soon enoughfurnacefella will become famous soon enough

You have some great looking reels there. The copper one looks like it was made for my RS4 that currently is collecting dust in the closet.

Is there any chance we could narrow down the "two countries overseas" a little bit? I have nothing against overseas manufacture but there are some countries I will not deal with due to labour practises and a reputation of poor quality.

I would also like to see the inter workings like requested earlier in the thread. I have a couple of great looking reels that are not worth the powder to blow them up. Upon disassembly it was easy to spot the design flaws even though they were well rated and in no way cheap to purchase.

Have you looked in to shipping to Canada eh?
Old 07-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Business Member

taylorreels will become famous soon enoughtaylorreels will become famous soon enough

The countries where are reels are made are China and South Korea. South Korea is our main country and soon all our work might be done there. I will add some pictures of the inner drag and backside in the next couple days. I am traveling today and tomorrow. I will be sure to add much more pictures to my website also!

Matthew Taylor

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Business Member

Sorry about my bad grammar on the last post!
Old 07-11-2013, 05:39 AM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about

I agree with the post about label design, focus on one that is instantly recognizable.

There's also lots of us spending lots of time & money to go fly fishing all the time that almost never fish in the western mountains. In fact it kind of becomes a point of abrasion that somehow manufacturers use this backdrop as the utopian life of fly fishing.

So you my might want to diversify that portion of your pictures (southern venues, eastern, etc.). At minimum is just tells a guy like me from Texas that this product isn't for me and thus spend less time considering it.

Are your reels "sealed" meaning only your shop can service? We fish in the hyper saline bay systems of the lower Texas coast and a great return/warranty policy doesn't hold much water on day 1.5 into a 4 day trip. The ability to service on the house boat is invaluable. Some of you competition is catching on to this.

Pete A.