The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 07:36 PM

dust1n is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Fly Reel Company

The Taylor One reel looks suberb! What is the pricing on these reels, I couldnt locate them on the website.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Business Member

taylorreels will become famous soon enoughtaylorreels will become famous soon enough

Sorry for the late reply. Our normal price starts at $140 but right now all the reels are on sale. Visit our site the prices are there. Taylor Reels:: Quality and Affordable Fly Fishing Reels
Old 07-15-2013, 11:23 AM

troutchaser8 is just really nicetroutchaser8 is just really nicetroutchaser8 is just really nicetroutchaser8 is just really nicetroutchaser8 is just really nice

Great looking reels! Love the logo on the Gold one
Old 07-15-2013, 01:15 PM

carnivorousnw will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete a View Post
I agree with the post about label design, focus on one that is instantly recognizable.

There's also lots of us spending lots of time & money to go fly fishing all the time that almost never fish in the western mountains. In fact it kind of becomes a point of abrasion that somehow manufacturers use this backdrop as the utopian life of fly fishing.

So you my might want to diversify that portion of your pictures (southern venues, eastern, etc.). At minimum is just tells a guy like me from Texas that this product isn't for me and thus spend less time considering it.

Are your reels "sealed" meaning only your shop can service? We fish in the hyper saline bay systems of the lower Texas coast and a great return/warranty policy doesn't hold much water on day 1.5 into a 4 day trip. The ability to service on the house boat is invaluable. Some of you competition is catching on to this.

Pete A.
Photos of various fishing in places across the country will be posted once buyers catch fish with the reels. Barely, if anyone, has them yet. Beside that's most of company's product feedback and marketing these days. There's no risk since he's offering a 30 return offer. Sounds like you should either wait this out and get feedback from buyers treating it on boats, dunking it in salt water and other scenarios that won't post justifiable feedback for months or you should get one and find out.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:15 PM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about

carnivorousnw,

Kinda hoping the actual manufacturer would hear and consider my questions/comments.

Rest assure I have HAD reels with "ace" service/warranty policies and very nice glossy ads that failed on day 1.5 of a 5 day trip. At the time forum posts and the glossy ads didn't seem to matter much at all. I HATE using guides equipment.

I think we both agree, keep 'em in sweet water a short drive from a fly shop for the near term.

Pete A.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:28 PM
Business Member

taylorreels will become famous soon enoughtaylorreels will become famous soon enough

This first reel we are selling does not have a sealed drag. That is why it is only being offered in 3-4 and 5-6. I am currently testing a sealed drag reel that should hit the market soon. So far the reel is preforming amazing.

I am working with some artists and engineers now on a completely new reel. We have been working on a ton of new products at our company right now. We have a partnership set up with some of the worlds finest manufactures and fly reel and rod designers. I can't give too much more info, but we believe some of our new projects will be truly innovative.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Business Member

I have received many questions lately asking about what we are doing, so I posted a new blog entry to update everyone! Also we are going to start pre-orders for our new sealed reel, the Taylor Reels "Array". Here is the link to our new blog. https://taylorreels.squarespace.com/blog/

https://taylorreels.squarespace.com/blog/