The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Reels (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-reels/)
-   -   New Fly Reel Company (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-reels/324060-new-fly-reel-company.html)

taylorreels 07-03-2013 08:50 PM

New Fly Reel Company

We wanted to jump in and start a new thread. Last year we started a new fly fishing reel company Taylor Reels. We got a head start by launching a very successful kickstarter campaign earlier this year. Our vision to provide reels that are affordable and of extreme quality. We just became a business member on the forums and plan on participating frequently on all kinds of different message boards. This is our formal introduction to the forum, and we are looking forward to meeting many new people through it. If you have any questions feel free to ask! Check us out at Taylor Reels:: Quality and Affordable Fly Fishing Reels

MoscaPescador 07-03-2013 08:55 PM

Re: New Fly Reel Company

Welcome to the board. Good luck with your endeavors.

Dennis

Hardyreels 07-03-2013 09:00 PM

Hello & Welcome to the Forum!

I am hoping that you will benefit from being able to promote your products here with us. Our membership always has someone looking for a new reel :) Are you planning to expand your product range in the near future? Wow, very nice reels at a good price!

Ard

kelkay 07-03-2013 09:20 PM

Your reels look great. That copper colored one really is beautiful. Love the color. Good price. But where is it made, and I would like to see photos of the insides of the reels. I mostly buy vintage/classic reels. I like the sound of them, and they were made to last. But now and then I see something I have to have...lol. Do your reels have incoming, and outgoing sound? Can you turn the sound off with a switch? How loud are they? Those are the questions I think people would want to know. Also diagrams on your site would be very helpful. I also like to see instruction videos on how to clean, and maintain your reel. I think it is a big plus if companies do that. Welcome aboard, it is great to have you join us.

williamhj 07-03-2013 09:25 PM

Nice looking reels! I particularly like the copper one though the black caught my eye too. I might have missed it on the site but do you have info on them. i.e. weight, capacity, machined or cast, etc. ?

Thanks and welcome!

taylorreels 07-03-2013 09:53 PM

Hey everybody,

Wow we got alot of questions and interaction quickly. Our site has a ton of info on our reels. Click on the menu team that says "the reels" for specific info. The reel we have for sale now is available in 3-4wt and 5-6wt. We have a salt water friendly reel releasing this summer that will be available in some larger sizes. We plan on launching a second kickstarter campain to intorduce our new reel. Right now we are manufacturing reels overseas in two countries. Some of the manufactures we are using make reels for the largest fly fishing companies in the world (I'm not allowed to give out much more info than that). We also are in process of introducing a line of reels that are completely manufactured in the USA. We don't have a specific date for release on that yet but are shooting for sometime in 2014. Some of the new products that we have in r&d right now are truely fine works of art. We really believe and stand by our products and believe that our customers will be pleased with the quality of reel that they get for the price!

enolaeagle 07-04-2013 04:33 AM

Looks nice! Love the copper and think I would buy one of these.

Since you're a reel company only- is there any specific brand of rod (or series) that you recommend as a more compatable match?

notenuftoys 07-04-2013 08:34 AM

Really nice looking reels! Good job! I've bookmarked your site for future consideration.

taylorreels 07-04-2013 09:10 AM

I can't really say I recommend a specific rod. I fish everything from hardy, st. Croix, orvis, loomis, etc... ( I'm a bit of a tackle junkie). My favorite rod I own is my orvis if that means anything.

mcnerney 07-04-2013 09:12 AM

Very nice looking reels, I too like that copper color!