The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By evan_aff
  • 1 Post By comeonavs
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels
  • 1 Post By bmbailes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 04:53 PM

evan_aff is on a distinguished road
Default Some new additions to the Allen Kraken series

Hey All!

Evan from Allen Fly Fishing here. Figured while I was smoking some ribs for the 4th, I'd give NAFF the scoop on what we're adding to our Kraken reel series lineup here soon.

First up is adding a size #2 (5/6wt). The Kraken being our only 100% sealed drag at the moment, we were getting a lot of requests to add a trout size to this series for guys targeting inshore saltwater species. The Kraken size #2 will be shipping by July 14th in both colors. They are available for pre-order on our website at Kraken Reel Series - Allen Fly Fishing Store

Click the image to open in full size.

Currently in development is the Kraken XLA. This will be offered in sizes #3 to #5. The XLA is an extra large arbor version of our Kraken reel for maximum line pickup and minimal line memory while still being lightweight. I've personally been testing this reel, and can say that I'll be using it a whole lot on my own personal time. It's absolutely fantastic to be able to pick up line with that kind of speed. I have yet to find a downside to using a reel of this diameter. Looks different on the rod being that size, but man is it fun to use!

The Kraken #4 next to a Kraken XLA #4

We also have patents pending on new drag systems to be released soon. We're having a whole lot of fun over here at Allen lately!

Expect the XLA by Q3 2013.
kelkay likes this.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some new additions to the Allen Kraken series

Pretty sweet looking additions coming down the pike, I really like the looks of the XLA!

Larry
Old 07-04-2013, 05:28 PM

evan_aff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Pretty sweet looking additions coming down the pike, I really like the looks of the XLA!
Glad to hear it! We figure it will get some mixed reactions due to how big it appears. But once they start getting in to peoples hands, we know they'll see where we're coming from with it. I'm enjoying them a whole lot more than I had anticipated.

Last edited by evan_aff; 07-04-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:26 PM

comeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud of

Conveniently enough I started stashing some cash away for the January fly fishing show here in Denver.

Hope to see these there
evan_aff likes this.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

The XLA is looking like the size reels I like to use, I'll need a rod also................ I guess it's time to look at what your Spey lineup has.

Nice hardware here,

Ard
evan_aff likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-04-2013, 10:27 PM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice

Awesome!! I will definitely be getting a #2! Perfect for my 6wt. Bass rigs!
evan_aff likes this.