The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 01:49 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Welcome Home! Allen's first USA made fly reel

Will buy one just because you guys run a great company, and who can have to many reels? NO ONE
mcnerney likes this.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:41 AM

enolaeagle is a jewel in the roughenolaeagle is a jewel in the roughenolaeagle is a jewel in the rough

It'd be great if you offer different colors (gotta get a purple outfit for the wife...)

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 07-17-2013, 12:48 PM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by enolaeagle View Post
It'd be great if you offer different colors (gotta get a purple outfit for the wife...)
Hi Todd, we can do a custom color if we know in advance. We have one color of the reel that she might like (we like it ha)

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Yea Justin! I am loving that ICON rod sooooo much.
Hey Joni, That's great! Look forward seeing you guys again next year. We have another product we are bringing home in the next few months. We'll announce that when we get closer.

Have a good one

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewalker1013 View Post
Can't wait to see it, I've been wanting an excuse to get an Allen reel, may shuffle some gear around so I can afford/justify it.
We'll make sure you can afford/justify it . I see your location is DFW? Our warehouse is in Southlake, TX. I'll be back down again next month. If you have time. Stop by and chat.
williamhj likes this.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:48 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

I can't say enough about how i like my Allen reels and your customer service ya'll are a great company and now you bring it home guess i'll be looking to buying again.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:30 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Good for you guys! I grew up in Michigan as well and would love to own a reel made there. Congratulations and thanks for putting some of those machinists back to work.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:52 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

I love my Alpha III... The blue and red is a real head turner. I can't wait to see these reels!

I'd like to see a click n pawl style reel to be able to match up to some modern glass or small steam rods but in the slick Allen colors
Old 08-08-2013, 07:45 PM

acniemeyer is on a distinguished road

any updates on the reel?! Been a huge fan of my trout 2... looking forward to adding to the arsenal
Old 08-08-2013, 08:18 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Justin: That is great news, you guys are really moving forward with your product development and your customer service is top notch, I can't wait to see the new reel!

Larry

Larry
Old 08-08-2013, 09:57 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

I didnt need to see this Look forward to it!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:21 AM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by acniemeyer View Post
any updates on the reel?! Been a huge fan of my trout 2... looking forward to adding to the arsenal
We will be showing the reel here soon. Just needed to finalize some of the details. The patent we filed allows us to have a unique spin on how you purchase multiple sizes of reels in the same series.

We'll be fishing for Pinks in over a week and will post some photos and details. Were excited to have the reel mfg here in the States and in my home state of Michigan.