The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 10:34 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Welcome Home! Allen's first USA made fly reel

Id be cool to do a flaked/splatter color. Like base color reel or lets say yellow, then it has green/blue splatter all over it.
mridenour likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 09-12-2013, 10:46 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Gold, Blue, Green, Black, Dark Gray, Pink

Crazy stuff like Geoff said too!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by plecain View Post
Black (flat & gloss), Green, Copper, Silver, Pink.
RED!!!!!!! or a Cobalt Blue (to match the wrapping on the NEW Xa2)
mridenour likes this.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:58 AM

enolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really nice

A combination of copper and blue would be stellar!

Any other color outside the norm will suffice as well. (Oh, and dont do pink... Purple is what the ladies want.. at least my wife)
stl_geoff and mridenour like this.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 09-12-2013, 11:00 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by enolaeagle View Post
A combination of copper and blue would be stellar!

Any other color outside the norm will suffice as well. (Oh, and dont do pink... Purple is what the ladies want.. at least my wife)
I don't know about that, my friend works for Cabela's and they can't keep the shelves stocked with anything pink. It's crazy.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:06 AM

enolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
I don't know about that, my friend works for Cabela's and they can't keep the shelves stocked with anything pink. It's crazy.
That's because noone has purple...

The only thing purple I can find is an elkhorn rod and they don't have a matching reel. Also, TFO but that is more of a move color...

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

I also think a burnt orange (or rust color) with olive would make my soon to be Icon look fab
mridenour likes this.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 09-12-2013, 11:07 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Or a nice polish aluminum/silver color with orange accent pieces, like drag , foot, handle etc. ( basiclly your photo on the page with orange/copper instead of the blue ). Actually thatd look pretty stellar with a gunmetal reel as well.
mridenour likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 09-12-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
Or a nice polish aluminum/silver color with orange accent pieces, like drag , foot, handle etc. ( basiclly your photo on the page with orange/copper instead of the blue ). Actually thatd look pretty stellar with a gunmetal reel as well.

I think gunmetal that is a slight shade purple would make both me and the ole lady happy

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 09-12-2013, 12:32 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

I just want it to be not much more than I" wide. And have a handle that tapers outward to reduce the risk of an errant coil of line hanging up on it.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
I just want it to be not much more than I" wide. And have a handle that tapers outward to reduce the risk of an errant coil of line hanging up on it.
We have adjusted the width and the handle in this photo is just something we put on. We are working on a new handle as well.

Thanks