The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 06:48 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Welcome Home! Allen's first USA made fly reel

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenflyfishing View Post
They are being machined now. My only hold up is the reel foot. Still going back and fourth to machine it into the frame or not.

Thanks
Not.
I too like the dovetail. I also like a thinner foot. If you dove tail it, you can have different sized feet. Some reel seats only accept a thin foot, such as sliding bands.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:59 PM

gregnash will become famous soon enough

I know nothing about reel construction or machining but I believe that you will make the proper decision. Now to figure out how to sneak a new reel (Kraken or Alpha?! maybe Trout II) to go with my Redington CT 9' 5wt without the wife seeing!!! I love the aesthetics of the Kraken (blue and pink) and have something that contrasts the rod but then the solid orange or green of the Trout II may compliment the deep Red of the CT well. Blast these decisions!
Old 10-18-2013, 04:02 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

And I like the Red cause I can spot it a mile away. When both of us fish (husband and wife) this can be a problem ;-) Purple or Chartreuse would be saweet. LOL
Old 10-18-2013, 04:13 PM

rockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of light

Hope there is a brook trout reel size in the works made here in Michigan. I'd jump on that. A 5 weight will be nice, but something a dab smaller would be the desert.
Joni likes this.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:53 AM

jammin702 is on a distinguished road

Must say I am looking forward to seeing the release of this! Just finished reading through the 8 pages of discussion and checking out some pictures on instagram. I am looking at getting back into fly fishing after a 12 year or so hiatus and this reel might be what gets me back in the game.

Any updates on this? Price range or release date?
Old 11-14-2013, 09:53 AM

gregnash will become famous soon enough

Bueller???
Old 11-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
Bueller???
We're getting close. Working on the marketing to highlight Detroit, MI. We will have demos at the shows and do a proper releasing Mid Jan, Early Feb.

The price range will be in the mid 4's. However, we will announce a way unique way to purchase a 2nd reel for less.

Thank you,

Justin
Old 11-14-2013, 10:37 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Hope I can get one in the spring! It is going to be an awesome reel.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:55 PM

backwoodsangler is on a distinguished road
Default Welcome Home! Allen's first USA made fly reel

Hello
I am new to the forums and was mostly brought to register due to my search for info about Allen fly reels. As I researched the web for info I kept coming back to this forum. I figured why not join and be able to talk to all of the informed flyfishers who seem so helpful.
Now to Allen reels. It seems to me that Allen offers a great product at a great price. I am currently looking into a Kraken and maybe a Trout 2. The fever has struck!! Here we go...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Gonna LOVE both. I have the Kraken on my 8 wt. as I use it a lot fishing for Carp. All my stillwater reels are being switched over to the Trout.
The Rods are amazing as well. My hubby is a big time Winston fan and I let him cast my NEW Xa2. He is ordering one now. They are hand rolled by a well known builder here in the USA.
The Icon is very sweet as well.