The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 01:43 PM

evan_aff is on a distinguished road
Default Welcome Home! Allen's first USA made fly reel

We are proud to announce the completion of our first USA made fly reel. Development is winding up, patents are pending, and production is just about to get under way!

This beautiful, fully machined reel is being manufactured in my home state of Michigan. Being from a midwest manufacturing family, having products made close to home has always been a top priority of mine.

We have done several tests on and off the water, and are now going straight to the biggest, baddest fish we could test it on. We just booked our company trip to catch Mako sharks near San Diego this September.

After numerous design changes, prototypes, tests, and finally, a patent on the finished product, we're more than confident in this reel to not only handle any big game fish out there, but to satisfy even the anglers with the highest standards for their equipment.

We will post photos, pricing details, and the official name in the coming days. Additional photos of the drag will follow after the patent is official.

Thanks!
Justin
Joni, Jackster, fysh and 18 others like this.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Welcome Home! Allen's first USA made fly reel

Looks like we were logged in on the wrong account! Just clearing that up here. Evan (the account posted) is the product development manager, but this post was written by Justin.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Good on ya Justin!

Along with having a few of your rods wrapped here in Utah, and bringing some manufacturing back home to the states.....I applaud you Sir!
imxer and Jackster like this.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 07-16-2013, 06:16 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

You boys at Allen gonna be the new Orvis if you keep up the good work !
And I appreciate the rod tube fellas,,thank you.

Mike
Old 07-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Yea Justin! I am loving that ICON rod sooooo much.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:46 PM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all

Now you have my attention.
taylor16 likes this.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:20 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Just in time for me to add another choice into the reel selection for my newest rod....
mbphotos54 likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 07-16-2013, 09:52 PM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice

Can't wait!! i'm already saving for mine Allen is really picking up steam and i see a great future for you guys!! and its all because you have put customers first and done whatever it takes to make every single order right! i can honestly say that " I am a life long Allen customer"!
Old 07-16-2013, 10:14 PM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about

Can't wait to see it, I've been wanting an excuse to get an Allen reel, may shuffle some gear around so I can afford/justify it.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:30 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

great news justin!!

casey

ARFE