The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 11:21 AM

Englander is on a distinguished road
Question Current production Click & Pawl reels ?

Hi Guys

I wonder if you can help ? Who still makes traditional Click & Pawl fly reels? Iim after one for my 9' 5wt and floating line , want to keep it light and simple

Back to basic's if you like ......................

Stephen
Old 08-02-2013, 11:26 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current production Click & Pawl reels ?

Click Pawl Fly Reel / Battenkill Reel -- Orvis Good look, great customer service.
kelkay and bmbailes like this.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:33 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Stephen,
Welcome to the forum.

Here are some current model reels that you can do research on. I am sure that there are other models out there. These were the first ones to come to mind.

Abel Creek 1 Standard Arbor
Abel Creek 2 Large Arbor
Abel TR 2
Islander IR3
Islander IR4 Large Arbor
Hardy LRH Lightweight
Hardy Princess
Hardy Perfect 3 1/8"
Galvan Brookie 4/5
Redington Drift 5/6
Orvis Battenkill III

Dennis
Old 08-02-2013, 01:06 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

Don't forget the recently introduced Abel Classic. Its click & pawl design is similar to Hardy's.

Click the image to open in full size.Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Click the image to open in full size.Uploaded with ImageShack.com

It's made in USA and a lot cheaper than a Hardy Perfect. Then again, it's not a Hardy Perfect. It's still pretty darn cool.

-VB
Hardyreels, jaybo41 and caseywise like this.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:43 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

I'll add the Hardy Ultralite 4000cc (click check) for 4,5,6 wt rods
Old 08-02-2013, 01:59 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

Abel, Hardy, and Orvis all have click pawl reels in current production. If you were looking for something a little cheaper but still very functional, there is the Cortland Retro. You can pick one up for $75-125 and they are a pretty sweet reel for the money.

-Chase
Old 08-02-2013, 01:59 PM

troutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to all

Welcome to the forum Steven. My favorite c & p is the Hardy "Lightweight" series.Korean made, light, well made and will not cost you a "King's Ransom". JMHO.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I'll echo the "Welcome to the forum Steven".

It appears you've gotten some replies, that is how we work.........You ask, people answer, I hope you'll become a regular with us here.

You're gonna like this group,

Ard
imxer, fredaevans, jaybo41 and 1 others like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-02-2013, 03:31 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Current production Click & Pawl reels ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I'll echo the "Welcome to the forum Steven".

It appears you've gotten some replies, that is how we work.........You ask, people answer, I hope you'll become a regular with us here.

You're gonna like this group,

Ard
+1 here!

Fred
Old 08-02-2013, 08:34 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum

I've got a couple Sage Click reels, an older and new version. Both are quite nice.

I had a Lamson Purist that I just didnt love so I sold it.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson