The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By webrx
  • 1 Post By webrx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 06:15 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Fenwick rod and reel

Hey all,

Just traded an old RC car for an old fenwick rod and reel

Not asking if it was worth it, cuz, I know the rod and reel will get much more use than the RC car, so it was worth it to me.

The question I have is this, the reel is an FG567, set up for right hand reel, and I have it apart, but don't see any way to reverse it for left hand reel. I suspect I could just keep the clicker off and use it either way, but thought I would check and see if someone knows if this reel is reversible.

The reel I have is just like the one in new_fly's post here:

Hand me Down Fenwick FG567

Thanks for any help anyone might have....

BTW the rod is an E85-6f

feels ok in my hand for a rod and reel combo that probably isnt worth more then 100 or 150.

D

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Fenwick rod and reel

Hi Dave,

Any chance to see a picture of the inside of the cage with the spool removed? If so this will be easy.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-21-2013, 07:35 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

sure can

Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Duh, thanks Ard - all i needed to do was look at how it works - it should be easy as you noted - I looked at the spring, and reeled in and out, and realized all I needed to do was flip the spring and the switch, and guess what, left hand retrieve now.

Thanks

d
Hardyreels likes this.

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

Old 08-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

We'll call that transcendental assistance

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-21-2013, 09:36 PM

Thanks Ard.

d

Old 08-22-2013, 07:15 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I had a Cabela's reel like that. Works the same either direction.
The rod is one of their Eagle graphites. You can find new ones for around $75
Old 08-22-2013, 05:49 PM

Yeah, I know it is not a top of the line rod or reel, but, it is ok, and will definitely get more use than the old nitro 4x4 truck I had.

I got two nitro cars and a bunch of extras in trade for a 1975 honda xl250 that needed a ring job - i paid $100 for the bike, rebuilt the carb, rode it for 2 summers and traded it off.

Still have the other nitro car, it is a newer "Team Losi" had to clean it up a bit, but it runs now and parts are easier to get, my kid runs it and has a blast so by itself it was worth the trade for the bike. This one had a few broken parts that i fixed and after making sure it worked it pretty much was just sitting on the shelf so I figured what the heck.

I do a lot of CL wheeling and dealing and so far have done ok. Being mechanically inclined, I have been able to work my way up with trades to a decent travel trailer and a decent boat, a few decent rods and reels, and a couple of newer dirt bikes.

So far I am even or slightly ahead in cash outlay, as long as you don't count the labor into the deals - but I like projects so, they keep me off the street and momma don't mind, says it keeps me outta her hair

d
baseman1 likes this.