The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Business Member

taylorreels will become famous soon enoughtaylorreels will become famous soon enough
Default $1 Fly Reel for the Launch of the Taylor Reels Array

Hey Everyone,

Next week is the big launch of our new reel, The Array! To build excitement we are going to offering some amazing specials for the first 30 days after the launch. Our first three customers will even get a reel for $1!!! After that we have even more great specials on all the Array reels.

The reel will be offered in three sizes 3-4wt, 5-6wt, and 7-8wt. They feature a fully sealed drag system and a hard anodized finish. For more details visit this link. Taylor Fly Fishing Reels : The Array by Matthew Bork Taylor — Kickstarter

The Launch will take place at 7:00am Mountain time next Friday the 20th via kickstarted.com

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:01 PM

biggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nice
Default $1 Fly Reel for the Launch of the Taylor Reels Array

Does anyone, and I mean ANYONE, know anything about these reels?

Last edited by biggie_robs; 09-12-2013 at 06:23 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:48 AM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: $1 Fly Reel for the Launch of the Taylor Reels Array

Biggie,

With them being a start-up and business member here...I am sure we will get some responses in regards to quality.

It is my understanding they are using a reputable manufacturer.

Currently doing some consulting work for another FF start-up. Mostly PR, finance and some tweeking of the business model.

I applaud them for there effort and passion. I will most likely give them a shot based off the previous sentence.

Wish them the best!!!!

Jim

Last edited by waterfordcreek; 09-12-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:26 AM

biggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfordcreek View Post
Biggie,

With them being a start-up and business member here...I am sure we will get some responses in regards to quality.

It is my understanding they are using a reputable manufacturer.

Currently doing some consulting work for another FF start-up. Mostly PR, finance and some tweeking of the business model.

I applaud them for there effort and passion. I will most likely give them a shot based off the previous sentence.

Wish them the best!!!!

Jim
Understood. Please let us know when you do!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:55 AM

lacanadio is just really nicelacanadio is just really nicelacanadio is just really nicelacanadio is just really nicelacanadio is just really nice

I have their first reel, weight 3-4. It is a quality product, very smooth. Drag works well (although the fish I've gone after aren't exercising it). +1 from here.
I'm still waiting for a spare spool to be available, though.

Bob
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:53 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I am intirgued. I really like how the silver and grey ones turned out. Kinda bummed you didnt do a bright gold like some of your other posts had in it. I would buy that instantly.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 09-12-2013, 07:41 PM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about

I like the middle one the best, pretty sexy.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Business Member

taylorreels will become famous soon enoughtaylorreels will become famous soon enough

Hey Everyone,

When we set out to start our new reel company one thing we knew was a must was to create a quality product. We didn't want to be just another small reel company that is doing the same thing as all the other small companies. We wanted to create the best to compete with the best.

Some of our core values are....

1. Quality
2. Affordability
3. Customer service
4. Product honesty and integrity

Our manufacturers are some of the best in the business. Our reels are machined in the same shops as some world famous brands that sell for several hundred dollars. We are using patent pending technology in our drag systems and have spent months in the design phase for function and beauty. I think it shows when you look at the reels and it defiantly shows when you fish them. We are not cutting corners and doing things the easy way. We are spending extra time and money to make sure that every product is world class.

With the prices that we are offering give us a try and see for yourselves that Taylor Reels is the real deal, and here to stay.
Hardyreels, hairwing530 and siege like this.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:58 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Two quick questions for you

1. What material is the drag?
2. What type of anodizing are you using?

Im really thinking about picking up one of the larger sized reels in the silver or gunmetal

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 09-13-2013, 09:37 AM

furnacefella is a jewel in the roughfurnacefella is a jewel in the roughfurnacefella is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorreels View Post
Hey Everyone,

When we set out to start our new reel company one thing we knew was a must was to create a quality product. We didn't want to be just another small reel company that is doing the same thing as all the other small companies. We wanted to create the best to compete with the best.

Some of our core values are....

1. Quality
2. Affordability
3. Customer service
4. Product honesty and integrity

Our manufacturers are some of the best in the business. Our reels are machined in the same shops as some world famous brands that sell for several hundred dollars. We are using patent pending technology in our drag systems and have spent months in the design phase for function and beauty. I think it shows when you look at the reels and it defiantly shows when you fish them. We are not cutting corners and doing things the easy way. We are spending extra time and money to make sure that every product is world class.

With the prices that we are offering give us a try and see for yourselves that Taylor Reels is the real deal, and here to stay.
I think you guys have a good looking product and I wish you well. I am infact looking for a reel very much like the grey one you offer for my Z-Axis. The problem is that I have a very nice looking reel on the rod that I paid $300 for that has rough bearings, a faulty drag and can free spool from time to time.

I apologize in advance if this is out of line, but saying your reels are made in Korea and/or China after being asked several times is not cutting it with me.

It is like offering a quality O/U Shotgun that may be made in Italy or Russia. Nothing wrong with either country's product but I would sure like to know if I am getting a Beretta or a Baikal before spending any cash.