The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 08:23 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: hardy marquis salmon reels

No warranty card comes with the new reels now; you have to register your reel online and fill in the name of the Hardy dealer you purchased from. I purchased my Hardy DD from an ebay seller brand new but he wasn't a Hardy dealer so= no warranty. I had purchased the Marquis salmon reel on ebay also and it did have a card with it but I didn't fill it out. I used the reel for a year before it failed and had to cover the repair myself; wasn't much, just a few dollars for parts and labour plus shipping both ways to Hardy N.A.; in total about $50.00. Warranty is only for defects in workmanship anyway and I really don't think that will be much of an issue with Hardy reels. I suppose that sounds contradictory because I just said my marquis failed but in discussing it on forums etc at the time I found that a rivet failure was very rare.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:47 PM

thenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of light

I have a blank warranty card for my Marquis #2, when I broke the first marquis they didn't even ask for proof of warranty, they just sent me the new reel after I sent the broken one in. Not to mention they let me keep the spool (which is in perfect condition) from the broken reel. So I ended up with a free spool, I'd say thier warranty is amazing alright!
Hardyreels and river right like this.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:27 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

I think if you live in the UK or the US they treat you better!
Old 10-09-2013, 12:45 PM

thenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannafish View Post
I think if you live in the UK or the US they treat you better!
Oh no! Once again the canadians get shafted! haha just playing. Thats interesting, have you had a bad experience with hardy before?
Old 10-09-2013, 03:58 PM

That was the first time I have sent anything in to them for repair; I'm still a big fan of their stuff. And yes, we poor Canadians always get left out in the COLD Must be because we're always doing this: