The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 11:11 PM

siege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to behold
Default S.A. system two

I picked up an old Scientific Anglers / 3M System Two 67 , Made in England reel today. Great price because the tip of the foot is chipped off about 1/4" where it enters the reel seat. I could probably cut off the end of the foot and have enough to lock on to the rod OK, but if I can find a replacement part, it would be a better fix.
Anybody know where to find parts for a discontinued 3M reel ?
Old 10-01-2013, 11:31 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: S.A. system two

try here
Scientific Anglers

casey

ARFE
Old 10-02-2013, 07:25 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

S.A. is pretty good about this
I once lost a part to a System 2 reel drag. I emailed them about where to buy another and they sent out what I needed free of charge the next day
Old 10-02-2013, 07:45 AM

siege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to beholdsiege is a splendid one to behold

The first thing I did was to email Scientific Anglers. I haven't heard back yet, but it was just yesterday. I'm hoping they will have the part, but since it's so old, I'm hedgeing my bets here for more info.
The depth of the " knowledge pool " on these boards is hard to beat. There's always lots of helpful info from fellow anglers.