The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Reels

Fly Reels Post any comments or questions regarding fly reels...

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 05:19 PM

onthehunt has a spectacular aura aboutonthehunt has a spectacular aura aboutonthehunt has a spectacular aura about
Default Hatch Love.....

I just wanted to start a thread for those who have Hatch reels, have photos of their Hatch reels, etc.

Here are a couple pictures of some of mine.....

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
Old 10-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hatch Love.....

That is quite the collection of Hatch Reels! I don't have that much dedication to one manufacturer so I applaud you for that.

Larry
Hardyreels likes this.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:38 PM

onthehunt has a spectacular aura aboutonthehunt has a spectacular aura aboutonthehunt has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
That is quite the collection of Hatch Reels! I don't have that much dedication to one manufacturer so I applaud you for that.

Larry
I agree, there are a ton of great reels out there. That is why I started a Winston/Abel thread. I really want to start taking some Abel's home, but as I stated in that thread, it is hard to get away from Hatch!

They are great reels, with phenomenal drags, they are durable and for as simple as they look, they are purty!
Old 10-11-2013, 11:27 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

Quite an impressive collection and mounted on great G.Loomis Streamdance rods on top of it! I agree with you that Hatch Reels are among the few elite makes along with Abel and a handful of others that get most everything right. I have two Hatch Reels, 5+ and 7+. The 7+ is a perfect match for my Scott S4s #8 both in balance, performance and aesthetics while 5+ belongs on my Sage Z-Axis #5 but has too much weight for my ONE #5, it gets a Nautilus.

Z-Axis and 5+ doing what they are supposed to do.
Click the image to open in full size.
mcnerney, jaybo41 and baseman1 like this.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
Quite an impressive collection and mounted on great G.Loomis Streamdance rods on top of it! I agree with you that Hatch Reels are among the few elite makes along with Abel and a handful of others that get most everything right. I have two Hatch Reels, 5+ and 7+. The 7+ is a perfect match for my Scott S4s #8 both in balance, performance and aesthetics while 5+ belongs on my Sage Z-Axis #5 but has too much weight for my ONE #5, it gets a Nautilus.

Z-Axis and 5+ doing what they are supposed to do.
Yeah, there are a mix of StreamDance, WhisperCreek, NRX and RoaringRiver rods. I really do like my Loomis sticks, but I think the next one or two will be Winstons. I am feeling the need to take a different adventure, thus the reason for the Abel thoughts as well!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:44 PM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

I really hope you don't take this personally, but you suck. Kidding...

I want a Hatch so bad...
Old 10-11-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle27 View Post
I really hope you don't take this personally, but you suck. Kidding...

I want a Hatch so bad...
LOL!

I've been called much worse, so its all good!

Keep an eye on the internet. While I have not purchased mine that way, I have a few friends that have and they have gotten some smoking deals!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:42 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

What?! No custom limited edition Hatch reels? ;-)

I was a big Hatch fan for a while. Ended up with 3 finatics, but after getting the Saracione and the GD limited Edition Abel, I'm not as jazzed about them. DGMW, they're worth the money and look sweet. And yes, I do marvel a bit when I put them on a rod.

I was drooling over one of the limited edition reels a few weeks ago. Then again, I'd rather drop that coin on a used Bogdan.

Anyway, I'll put some photos of mine up here soon.

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com
Old 10-11-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunfly View Post
What?! No custom limited edition Hatch reels?

;-)
At some point more than likely.

I'd really like to get the PNW/Steelhead reel in a 7 Plus!

Lance Boen 7 Plus
jaybo41 and shotgunfly like this.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:59 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

onthehunt, jaybo41 and troutn like this.

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com